United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Have you seen the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the purpose of those two metal dice-like thingys?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't get any of those what do they look like

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayhaps Dan got Noah's?

My understanding is that you're supposed to get 1 - it was a stretch goal that was unlocked during the KS campaign.

You could also add on additional die at a cost of (I think) $3.

It's for Forged in Steel as a KS stretch goal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darn I was missing a yellow town cube too I looked at the ks didn't see it .. Was it in an update

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recall getting them as an add-on. I just don't know what they do. There are no images of then yet. They are long, four-sided with 1-4 pips on each side

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/knightworks/forged-in-s...

This update says specifically:

Quote:
We did it everyone, we got to $19K and unlocked the steel die! Now that the die is a reality, if you want more than one, you can add-on to buy extras. You can get as many dice as you would like, just add $3 per die. Remember, these are Kickstarter Exclusive dice, so short of seeing us at a convention, you won't have the chance to get them after the campaign ends.

Which made me think it was one per kickstarter box, with additional ones costing $3.

For me, this matches what I got/paid for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
voynix wrote:
I recall getting them as an add-on. I just don't know what they do. There are no images of then yet. They are long, four-sided with 1-4 pips on each side

It replaces the normal pyramid-style D-4 that comes with the game. It's a thematic upgrade as it was

forged (•_•)

in ( •_•)>⌐■-■

steel (⌐■_■) YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Feather
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whattheproblemis wrote:

Quote:
We did it everyone, we got to $19K and unlocked the steel die! Now that the die is a reality, if you want more than one, you can add-on to buy extras. You can get as many dice as you would like, just add $3 per die. Remember, these are Kickstarter Exclusive dice, so short of seeing us at a convention, you won't have the chance to get them after the campaign ends.

Which made me think it was one per kickstarter box, with additional ones costing $3.

So no metal d4 for Hands in the Sea. It's for Forged in Steel instead. I think this thread is in the wrong forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rlux202 wrote:
whattheproblemis wrote:

Quote:

So no metal d4 for Hands in the Sea. It's for Forged in Steel instead. I think this thread is in the wrong forum.

LOL.

Yes. I think you're right. I'm subscribed to both, and I think when I read the thread contents I just assumed it was for Forged in Steel.

Makes my joke not NEARLY as funny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The thread initially was in the right forum because I was received the dice with my copy of Hands in the Sea and knew nothing about Forged in Steel. Now have to get that game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Feather
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
voynix wrote:
The thread initially was in the right forum because I was received the dice with my copy of Hands in the Sea and knew nothing about Forged in Steel. Now have to get that game

A missed marketing opportunity by Knight Works. We all should have got one so as to make it irresistible to buy Forged in Steel!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
rlux202 wrote:
voynix wrote:

A missed marketing opportunity by Knight Works. We all should have got one so as to make it irresistible to buy Forged in Steel!

Note to self... make more steel dice. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
whattheproblemis wrote:

Quote:

I got a single die and was wondering. That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. I was thinking I might have gotten shorted at first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Forged in Steel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.