Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian
United States
Garnet Valley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the 4th Edition of Space Hulk out of stock (between print runs) or out of print?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Industrialist wrote:
Out of print.
....at least until 5th. Ed., which will be followed by 6th , 7th will be skipped completely and they will go directly to 8th.

The post above about availability is correct. This is an inside joke (and, it's a pretty good one). But, at present, there are no rumors of a reprint. Divide 25 years since First Edition by 3 more editions, and you see the time between reprints ain't small. On the other hand, GW has released a veritable welter of boardgames in the recent couple of years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Groll
Germany
Marburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As they have just released a new (well, updated old) scenario for SH AND as GW seems to have rediscovered their love for the "G" in their name, my guess is that a new printing will be on the horizon before long - maybe even one with a slightly different flavour (Deathwing against Hormangaunts?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to go on record as saying without reservation, I will never own more than my current FOUR editions of Space Hulk (including multiple copies, and expansions). I will NOT buy a 5th Edition, unless it's cool, or whatever.*

*"Deathwing against Hormagaunts" would classify as "cool." Dammit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Garnet Valley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies everyone. I will try FLGS's to see if they still have stock at non-inflated prices. It seems like the stock of the 2014, 4th edition, went quick. Here's hoping for a 5th edition soon.

I'm looking at you, Game Works.
Games Workshop Ltd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K J
msg tools
mbmbmb
Naahhh. Can´t imagine GW will release some kind of 5th Edition of Space Hulk.
4th Ed. is the thing and it shouldn´t be hard to get hold of. Some stores still have it available.
4th Ed. never sold as much and as fast as 3rd Edition did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carmen Cerra
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw copies on eBay for prices that weren't inflated at all (though, mostly third editions).
So if your FLGS doesn't work out, you still have an option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I can still find working copy of 2nd edtion, I have faith anyone can find 3rd or 4th. When if comes to buying GW miniatures, where there is no willpower, there is a way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Industrialist wrote:
Out of print.
....at least until 5th. Ed., which will be followed by 6th , 7th will be skipped completely and they will go directly to 8th.

There seem to be many FLGS that have still have stock.
If not, ebay prices are nowhere near as bad as they used to be.

Hey now, this isn't Microsoft....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.