Santa Fe Springs
California
flag msg tools
designer
Lefty / Happily Married / Parent of 2 Girls / Christian / OCBG Member
badge
Smack dat Ghoulie, Mr. Trolla!
mbmbmbmbmb
Relocation occurs when either the Dominance card or the Competition card is triggered. When players' birds are relocated it's possible they will be moved to an Action card where there is already a bird of that color--giving them 2 birds in this new location. Normally placing a 2nd bird on an Action card triggers the cost/reward mechanism of that card. But the rules make no provision for this during Relocation.

So what's the answer?

If a player has 2 birds on an Action card (due to a previous Relocation) and another player places a bird--his 2nd bird--on that space, do both of them have the option to take the greater of the 2 actions?

This is how we played it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David J. Mortimer
United Kingdom
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Danny,

Placement never triggers the activation of a card. I think this might be why the other questions you have asked have come up.

On your turn you either place a bird or activate a card.

You can have any number of birds on a card. If you have more than 2 you get multiple rewards when it is activated based on number of birds. Eg 3 birds means the reward for 2 birds + the reward for 1 bird. You can choose any combination of rewards on that card (may be important when spending resources)

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Santa Fe Springs
California
flag msg tools
designer
Lefty / Happily Married / Parent of 2 Girls / Christian / OCBG Member
badge
Smack dat Ghoulie, Mr. Trolla!
mbmbmbmbmb
A light is beginning to dawn in my darknened brain...thank you for your patience.

morti wrote:
On your turn you either place a bird or activate a card.

So, we were playing this all wrong. If these are the 2 options (and the latter isn't automatically triggered by a 2nd bird placement) then the strategy revolves around not being put in a position to take the minimum (read: less efficient) action(s). At least not to have to trigger them yourself, due to lack of other options (ie: too few birds in the pool). I'm going to have to go back and re-examine this whole thing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David J. Mortimer
United Kingdom
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. Thanks for giving it a go.

I can highly recommend the Chits & Giggles how to play video if you want a quick overview of the rules. It's available in the video section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.