Hide
6 Posts

The Others» Forums » Rules

Subject: Avatar respawning rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin George
msg tools
My gaming group has been playing this game the past few game nights. We are hungry up on the question is if the sin avatar can respawn after being killed. Once the avatar spawns does he follow the normal summoning phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Keusch
United States
Ann Arbor
MI
flag msg tools
It's hard to remember we're alive for the first time. It's hard to remember we're alive for the last time.
mbmbmbmbmb
as far as I can tell, yes. He is a monster, and the rules state you can respawn monsters with no caveats for the avatar. He can't be spawned until the story allows for it because he isn't dead before then, just out of play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anatana wrote:
as far as I can tell, yes. He is a monster, and the rules state you can respawn monsters with no caveats for the avatar. He can't be spawned until the story allows for it because he isn't dead before then, just out of play.

Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin George
msg tools
Okay, thank you very much for clearing this up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Beasley
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Yes I do remember in the Eric Lang walkthrough that he stated the Avatar could respawn. I know most of the hell club members can't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
csb249 wrote:
Yes I do remember in the Eric Lang walkthrough that he stated the Avatar could respawn. I know most of the hell club members can't.

Basically, all the minis the Sins player controls are monsters.

Their cards tell if they can be respawned or not. Normally, in all the games I've played, the Hell Club specifically state they cannot be respawned. But who knows with future stories and missions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.