Subject: What happens when you run out of resources? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justen Brown
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that there's a hard limit of available resources but we ran into a situation where one resource was available but two players could collect. We ruled that trade leader decided. Is there an official decision method?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throknor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jaybeethree wrote:
I know that there's a hard limit of available resources but we ran into a situation where one resource was available but two players could collect. We ruled that trade leader decided. Is there an official decision method?

Were you using the expansion or was it a legendary resource? How many players and what were you short of? The legendary discards would just get shuffled, and in the base game there is exactly one-to-one with the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh my. Why is everything so poorly planned in this game?
The intention seems clear: enough of everything. This is supported by the fact that there are no rules for a shortage and collection is supposed to be simultaenously (p3).
But hanging gardens allow to keep 2 commodities from a previous turn.
Therefore, a possible lack of two ressources. Dido also allows to keep ressources.

I am assuming that the info by Throknor is correct, that there are exactly enough ressources to cover each spot, including markets.

As the rules say simultaenously, I guess the correct ruling would be to substitute the missing tokens by something else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there are enough of all resources to put 2 on every spot on the board with 1 left over, so it is impossible to run short in the base game (the 1 left over is for Hanging Gardens, which can save 1 each of 2 different resources). The Colossus produces, but only out of what is left after regular production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justen Brown
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Throknor wrote:
jaybeethree wrote:

Were you using the expansion or was it a legendary resource? How many players and what were you short of? The legendary discards would just get shuffled, and in the base game there is exactly one-to-one with the board.

Expansion game, 4 players. Atlantis, Rome, Carthage, and Greece. There are 5 (off the top of my head) iron tokens (using the poker chips) and we were short 1. I don't own the game but I'm going to assume the poker chips only account for the base game as Atlantis produces metal but if the resources are designed in such a way that there's enough for every spot (even with a tent?) +1 for Hanging Gardens then we'll count that out if it occurs in the next game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jaybeethree wrote:
Throknor wrote:
jaybeethree wrote:

Expansion game, 4 players. Atlantis, Rome, Carthage, and Greece. There are 5 (off the top of my head) iron tokens (using the poker chips) and we were short 1. I don't own the game but I'm going to assume the poker chips only account for the base game as Atlantis produces metal but if the resources are designed in such a way that there's enough for every spot (even with a tent?) +1 for Hanging Gardens then we'll count that out if it occurs in the next game.

If you are playing with Atlantis, you have to add the 2 extra Iron, Ceramic, Wine, Grain, Oil, Sheep and Coin tokens from the Atlas section (but not the 2 Gold for Midas), so you would have 5 Ceramic, 7 Iron, 11 Wine, 11 Grain, 11 Sheep, 11 Oil, and 50 Coin tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluessendorf
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
... that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -Benjamin Franklin-
mbmbmbmbmb

The resource / poker chip box comes with the extra commodities / coins needed for the Atlantis expansion. I've never tried to match them up with the spots available on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.