Subject: Introducing the game to new group rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm going to introduce the game to the new group of players (non boardgamers, just colleagues from work) - should I start from vanilla Resistance rules (without Metlin) and only after few games add the Avalon rules or should I start with Avalon rules from the beginning?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would start with Merlin and the Assassin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janne
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done the same (although some were gamers, some were not).

I'd go first with just the base game, to get the hang of the mechanics and such. Later add more roles when players are familiar enough with the basics and want something more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rundle
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd suggest that you add in some characters straight away - they make it so much more interesting and more likely to grab their attention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With new people, I always start with one round of vanilla, then add Merlin and Assassin after that. It allows them to learn and adjust, and the games play so quickly anyways. No one has ever refused a second play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.