$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
46.6% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
22 Posts

Twilight Struggle» Forums » General

Subject: Any News On When The Corrected Collector's Edition Card Deck Is Coming? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vita Est Certamine
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Kilroy was here
mbmbmbmbmb
As the title suggests, any news?

All I knew is it was going to be done. I don't know if the plans included something in the near future or just "the future."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Martel
Canada
Stoneham
Qc
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From august 15 newsletter

Quote:
As I noted last month, we now have the replacements for the misprinted cards in house. Now that we've shipped all of the "Golan '73 P500 orders, we're ready to sent out the updated cards.

We're shipping the reprinted cards (only) to those of you who have the Collector's Edition of Twilight Struggle. We'll also be shipping full decks -which include the reprinted cards - to those of you who ordered a 2nd deck with your Kickstarter order. If we have any left over, we'll let you guys know once all of our Kickstarter customers have theirs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is this about? What deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grayson
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
"Gotta go slow, gotta go fast, gotta swing low when I walk past..."
badge
Turtle Cat (2/26/16) by Rachel Kremer of semicoop.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Sargeras777 wrote:
What is this about? What deck?

In the recent Collector's Edition which was available as a reward for the digital edition of Twilight Struggle, there were 5 cards with misprints. Those 5 cards have been fixed and will be sent to folks who received the CE from the Kickstarter campaign. Those same 5 cards will be fixed in the few units that GMT has not put up for sale yet directly from them. That's it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone on the KS comments said they contacted GMT and they are still in the process of sending them out. I know I have not received mine yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this the regular game's deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thompson
United States
Taylor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Old Ironsides being overflown by the Blue Angels
mbmbmbmbmb
Sargeras777 wrote:

No. Collector's Edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DownriverRick wrote:
Sargeras777 wrote:

No. Collector's Edition.

So it's an alternative deck? Are all cards different or just some?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sargeras777 wrote:
DownriverRick wrote:
Sargeras777 wrote:

No. Collector's Edition.

So it's an alternative deck? Are all cards different or just some?
The card backs and the card art is different, but the text is the same. For some reason when they made these changes they introduced some mistakes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my replacements today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb
I uploaded a scan of the corrected CE Edition cards to the game Gallery

Edit:

Here are the cards - click on the image to see a bigger version

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goirish 374
msg tools
received mine monday 9/12.

i've had only excellent interactions with GMT and playdek throughout. and
now that C&C Napoleonics is off the P500, that was a great target for the GMT coupon.

honestly, i find the sturm und drang over the CE to be wildly overdone on the forums.

love the double sided board, the new card art, the resin pieces. intrigued by the promo cards. excited to get more plays in with Turn Zero. when these are all coded in the digital version, we should really be able to get a high number of reps in a short period of time.

i enjoy it and play it preferentially over my other version (not a popular opinion here, i understand).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vita Est Certamine
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Kilroy was here
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my cards on Saturday. If I waited a few days they would have just magically showed up unexpectedly.

Regarding the edition as whole, I'm not sure it was anywhere near as unanimously maligned as you might think. Sure, there are complaints there, but it seemed predictable. I would have liked Metal tanks instead of resin, but not enough to flip out over it.

Compared to a few other deluxe editions of games I have, even Small World, this set is easily on par. Overproduced and beautifully boxed. The new card art is amazing and I like the cards much, much better than the original. The new board design is improved too IMO. The custom dice are cool. I even love the sleeves (and wish I could find more).

In short, if the game was truly that poorly received by the general public then the aftermarket prices sure don't seem to reflect it.

I think they hit it out of the park with this edition. Fixing the cards seemed like a no-brainer, yet it feels "complete" now that they're fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maddest Hatter wrote:
I received my cards on Saturday. If I waited a few days they would have just magically showed up unexpectedly.

Regarding the edition as whole, I'm not sure it was anywhere near as unanimously maligned as you might think. Sure, there are complaints there, but it seemed predictable. I would have liked Metal tanks instead of resin, but not enough to flip out over it.

Compared to a few other deluxe editions of games I have, even Small World, this set is easily on par. Overproduced and beautifully boxed. The new card art is amazing and I like the cards much, much better than the original. The new board design is improved too IMO. The custom dice are cool. I even love the sleeves (and wish I could find more).

In short, if the game was truly that poorly received by the general public then the aftermarket prices sure don't seem to reflect it.

I think they hit it out of the park with this edition. Fixing the cards seemed like a no-brainer, yet it feels "complete" now that they're fixed.

+++ on this. I finally got around to putting my replacement cards in the box. My copy is perfect and you'd have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands to get it.

Maybe one issue is that I'm a longtime P500 customer, so I knew what to expect from a solid, small publisher for the money? I still feel like some of the complaints are pretty overblown---I think the space race and defcon plastics actually look great. The only clunky looking thing is the tanks, to me, but even that is trivial.

That said, if I received a totally busted up version with more than a break on a tank barrel or something and they didn't make it right, maybe my attitude would be different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett David Spain
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely Bonkers. But I will tell you a secret, All the best people are.
mbmbmbmbmb
I still haven't received the replacement cards. Has anyone else also not received them as of today?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grayson
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
"Gotta go slow, gotta go fast, gotta swing low when I walk past..."
badge
Turtle Cat (2/26/16) by Rachel Kremer of semicoop.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone who *has* received them willing to unload their set of misprints for a small fee? I'm looking for a spare set (of misprints) for a project. PM me if interested, thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Lawson
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also haven't received my replacements. I emailed the office and they said that there was a delay for some packages, so I guess it'll be this week sometime?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Estêvão
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived here in Portugal last Thursday, Sept. 22nd, with USPS stamp date being September 15th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew White
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today, I finally got my kickstarter CE and the replacement cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jarvis
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got'em today here in Canada

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Li Wenda
China
Jinan
Shandong
flag msg tools
Gamer from Heilongjiang, China.
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally, I got them, in China.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vita Est Certamine
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Kilroy was here
mbmbmbmbmb
windowxlee wrote:
Finally, I got them, in China.

Wow, that's a long wait. But hey, you got 'em!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.