10 Posts

Conan» Forums » General

Subject: Campaign play in the future? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Hulting
Sweden
flag msg tools
I've recently bought a Barbarian pledge after some consideration. As I haven't followed the Kickstarter very carefully I might have missed some information regarding campaign play. It seems that Monolith hasn't planned to make the scenarios linked or in any way resemble some kind of a campaign. Neither can I find any information about character progress. What I did find was some kind of "King pledge add-on" that seemed to be made just to please some of the backers who asked for campaign play. I'm obviusly disappointed this wasn't included in my Barbarian pledge. So my question to you in this forum:

Is there any indication tha Monolith will produce some kind of campaign, linked scenarios, hero progression in the future? Or will the expansions have linked scenarios?

-Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Croquet
France
flag msg tools
mb
I did not hear about any other campaign planned other than the KS-exclusive add-on one. The expansions will come with their own scenarios but I don't think that they will be linked scenarios.
However, lots of fan-made scenarios will certainly be available (Monolith sent several kits in France and other countries to ensure that) and I would be very surprised if none of these scenarios are part of a campaign.
Monolith could also be considering to release another campaign available in retail but it will definitely depends on how well the base game behave in retail stores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Modiphius, the makers of the new Conan RPG, did a crossover with Monolith's board game in which they developed their own campaign. They had a pledge level specifically for it. It uses their own modular tiles, though. I think the whole pledge was around $80. You may still be able to late back it if you're interested.

Here's a link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/robert-e-howa...

EDIT: Read their updates from March 9 and March 10 for more info on their Board Game crossover. It sounds pretty awesome. I'm not sure if it's a true campaign in that I'm not sure you actually "level up" or anything, but it is a series of interconnected adventures that tell a larger story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hulting
Sweden
flag msg tools
Sounds great! Thanks for the heads up.
Though I can't seem to find info on what tiles are actually used in the 10 scenarios the campaign includes. You wouldn't happen to know more?
I figured the two tile-sets "Perilous ruins/Forgotten cities and "Forbidden places/Pits of horror" will be used, but the there was two more sets that got unlocked apparently. I'd really like them printed and not in pdf but don't want to buy any that aren't used in the campaign...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh I can't figure out which pledge to get for the boardgame stuff. Talk about confusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hulting
Sweden
flag msg tools
Conan Board Game Sourcebook & Tiles for 60£ should be right. What I can't figure out is what tiles I'm supposed to pick for printing to be sure not to miss out on any scenarios in the campaign that sourcebook includes.

EDIT: I think I just found what some of us are looking for. Here's the answer to my question above. Check the link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/robert-e-howa...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Belloque wrote:
Sounds great! Thanks for the heads up.
Though I can't seem to find info on what tiles are actually used in the 10 scenarios the campaign includes. You wouldn't happen to know more?
I figured the two tile-sets "Perilous ruins/Forgotten cities and "Forbidden places/Pits of horror" will be used, but the there was two more sets that got unlocked apparently. I'd really like them printed and not in pdf but don't want to buy any that aren't used in the campaign...

From the May 17 Update #56:

"What tiles sets do I need for the Boardgame supplement?

We are using tiles from the Perilous Ruins & Forgotten Cities PLUS Forbidden Places & Pits of Horror sets."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hulting
Sweden
flag msg tools
You just beat me to it .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
glen bruton
msg tools
mb
VaeVictis666 wrote:
Ugh I can't figure out which pledge to get for the boardgame stuff. Talk about confusing.

I also found their pledge setup dammed confusing so don't feel like you are alone in that one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clanggedin Silverbeard
United States
SALEM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Most likely it will be the players that create campaigns with overload and player progression.

As you mentioned, if you purchase the campaign book in addition to the Kings Pledge then you will get an 8 episode campaign that has hero and overload progression.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.