4,048 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
25.5% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmb
I need to impress Warwick Harrow by activating three talents. River has a talent but no class ability to trigger. Can she activate the talent in her hand? Same applies for Simon. Can he activate without healing a strike? It's important and not covered by the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would say that you can activate a Talent even if there is no "target". As long as you defeat the Talent card (return it to the Talent stack).

At least that's how I would play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With cards you can't complete, you do as much as you can on them, even if that is nothing. Activate effects simply need you to have played the card this turn and you have not yet activated it.

In this case, there actually is an effect, anyway. Even if the meat of the Talent's Activation has no effect, the second part of the Talent that Defeats the Talent certainly can and will go into effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.