Subject: spawning point token rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
King of the Wood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Hi
I need a little help with spawning tokens. In a (TOTALLY AWESOME FUN) game (Extermination objective) we killed a BREEDER and placed a spawning token on its space. This was in a corridor section of the abandoned base map.

My query is when we draw an Alien card for this spawn token where and how do we arrange the alien models?

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
Fields of Green. Now on Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Troll66 wrote:
Hi
I need a little help with spawning tokens. In a (TOTALLY AWESOME FUN) game (Extermination objective) we killed a BREEDER and placed a spawning token on its space. This was in a corridor section of the abandoned base map.

My query is when we draw an Alien card for this spawn token where and how do we arrange the alien models?

Cheers

Ok, first of all, in a corridor ??? Ouch!!

Alright. When spawning Aliens for a Spawning token, what you do is assume that the space where the spawning token is on, as well as all normal adjacent spaces (meaning that you exclude any spaces that are part of the terrain or separated by obstacles such as walls) should be considered as if they had a red X on them (like a normal spawning area). You must then begin filling those spaces with Aliens in any order you like. As soon as all those spaces are filled, if there are more Aliens that need to be spawned, you must move other Aliens following arrows in order to make more space for the next Aliens (just as you would do when spawning Aliens at a regular Spawning Area).

Now assuming that -as mentioned- Breedar died within a corridor and so the token was placed there, you should only have 3 spaces available for spawning aliens.

IMPORTANT REMINDER: Each spawning token is only used once!!! After a card is spawned there, it is removed from the board!!!

I hope that helps.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Wood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
3pod wrote:
Troll66 wrote:
Hi

Cheers

Alright. When spawning Aliens for a Spawning token, what you do is assume that the space where the spawning token is on, as well as all normal adjacent spaces (meaning that you exclude any spaces that are part of the terrain or separated by obstacles such as walls) should be considered as if they had a red X on them (like a normal spawning area). You must then begin filling those spaces with Aliens in any order you like. As soon as all those spaces are filled, if there are more Aliens that need to be spawned, you must move other Aliens following arrows in order to make more space for the next Aliens (just as you would do when spawning Aliens at a regular Spawning Area).

Now assuming that -as mentioned- Breedar died within a corridor and so the token was placed there, you should only have 3 spaces available for spawning aliens.

IMPORTANT REMINDER: Each spawning token is only used once!!! After a card is spawned there, it is removed from the board!!!

I hope that helps.

Thank you!

Yes the corridor created a bit of a nightmare. Also we did not realise that the new spawn token was a 'one shot' so to speak...that will help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sotiris Tsantilas
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
3pod wrote:

Ouch indeed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.