3 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Call of the Wild» Forums » General

Subject: A Matter of Trust questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mb
Hello to all MoM fans, i don't have this game for now, but i am interesting to get a copy. I have see a playthrough and read some staff about A Matter of Trust mission and i have some questions about it:
1) For what this mission is good for? I mean is it good for some sort of tutorial mission for new players or maybe this mission is for experienced players only?
2) Why developers creates only one solo/coop mission (with bonus map) and not maybe 2-3 with more complex goals? I mean, if they created some simple basic rules for solo/coop, they also can create a more interesting mission, something like "Go to the garden and pick up a key from dead body, then go to mansion and open the main door, than kill some monsters, that spawns in the basement for the win?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each scenario in this expansion really changes how all the previous ones worked each in their own way. It feels like they were really experimenting with things within the design in each scenario. If this expansion had been more successful financially there may well have been more scenarios like A Matter of Trust.

2nd edition is all co-op, certainly inspired somewhat by this scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matěj Jan Morávek
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many people tried to make the game "keeper-less", as you can find in the files section. It is also a nice change in the pace and fundamentally different story from the others. We really enjoyed it with my wife (and we usually play against each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.