Popular Tags: [View All]
James
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 4 states that Home Base "is not a territory."

Page 11 defines a move as "from one territory to one adjacent territory."

I realize this is pedantic, but does this not conflict with movement of units off of home base?
The wording on page 11 appears to be intentional so that units cannot move "onto" the base since it is not a territory. So does the same not hold true for moving off of a base?

It has been discussed about wayfare that if that player were to hoard resources on their home base that they can not spend from it since it "is not a territory".

So why then is movement of units allowed off of the base if it is not a territory?

Am I missing some rule somewhere that handles normal unit movement "off" of a home base?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules should have more explicit in detailing that while a home base is not a territory, you can move off it.

Regardless, you can move off a home base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right, I should have made that clearer--somehow me and all of our proofreaders missed one of the first things players do in the game. In the fourth printing we've clarified the wording for "Move" on page 11:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I figured it was still possible, how else would you get your units back in the game. I suppose being forced to use your move action to get units off of the base is cost enough for combat though. Thanks for the reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
You're right, I should have made that clearer--somehow me and all of our proofreaders missed one of the first things players do in the game. In the fourth printing we've clarified the wording for "Move" on page 11:

Ah from the source, thank you Jamey. Clears that up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, and even from the very first turn, your character is on your home base, so you have to get him/her off of there somehow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Finally, a question that actually wasn't already covered in the rules!

(Yes, I'm being snarky. But you get the point).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.