Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Where can I find the current best decks for beginners rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan T
United States
New York
flag msg tools
That use all of the card sets? Like, say I have everything but want to make the current state-of-the-art teaching deck for each faction to show a friend. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Lee
msg tools

https://runthenet.wordpress.com/2016/08/23/recommended-teach...

These are some of the best teaching or beginner decks I've found.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan T
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Plus, here's something interesting to think about... What would you say is the single in-faction card that best demonstrates what a faction tries to do naturally in the game... in other words which card would you consider an auto-include include in every single beginner's deck for each faction?

My picks might be something like Modded for Shaper, Parasite (or Imp?) for Anarch, and Account Siphon or Inside Job for Criminal. Still thinking about the corps.

EDIT:
NBN - SEA Source
Jinteki - Snare! or Fetal AI
HB - Adonis Campaign
Weyland - Archer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan T
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Ying64 wrote:

Awesome, this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much, hopefully he keeps these lists going!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Meyer
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Card Game DB is a great resource for LCGs and is owned by FFG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan T
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Well I use netrunnerdb quite a bit, but surprisingly I couldn't find a consistent source for up-to-date learner decks. But the blog post mentioned by Brandon is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. I'll search through the card game db forums to see if anything is there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl
United States
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ying64 wrote:

I agree.

These are not the usual simplified, dumbed-down starter decks. Instead, these use a range of the card pool and are designed to teach the main themes of each faction while getting practice at the considerations and flow of the game.

I've found them VERY useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Allen
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ying64 wrote:

Keep in mind some of these require multiple core sets (3 core sets for the Criminal deck) - so you may need to tweak if you don't have multiples. I only bring it up because I am one such individual. Otherwise they seem fantastic for teaching and are not useless in other contexts as many teaching decks are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan T
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Ha, awesome! I just need to point out it's so funny you mentioned that because in spite of how much I love netrunner and own every single expansion that comes out, I refuse to buy multiple core sets. Not because of the cost (obviously); I just find it incredibly wasteful. I've not met a SINGLE other serious player who seemed to care at all, so I just wanted to say thanks for posting!

Just last night I was netdecking some lists from the UK nationals. -1 Rabbit Hole, +1 access to globalsec. -1 Magnum Opus, +1 armitage. Cmon FFG, only 2x Rabbit Hole? That's just wrong. We make it work, and it just keeps getting easier. I felt so vindicated when astrosctipt went to limit 1 per deck!

I will admit, 2x Desperado's kind of tough to replace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
baronholbach wrote:
Ha, awesome! I just need to point out it's so funny you mentioned that because in spite of how much I love netrunner and own every single expansion that comes out, I refuse to buy multiple core sets. Not because of the cost (obviously); I just find it incredibly wasteful. I've not met a SINGLE other serious player who seemed to care at all, so I just wanted to say thanks for posting!

Just last night I was netdecking some lists from the UK nationals. -1 Rabbit Hole, +1 access to globalsec. -1 Magnum Opus, +1 armitage. Cmon FFG, only 2x Rabbit Hole? That's just wrong. We make it work, and it just keeps getting easier. I felt so vindicated when astrosctipt went to limit 1 per deck!

I will admit, 2x Desperado's kind of tough to replace.

2x Core is ABSOLUTELY worth it, even for casual play. The number of good cards it takes to 3-of, plus having 2x Grimoire/Desperado/SanSan City Grid is very much worth it.

The third core is really only for people who absolutely need those third copies, or want to run many multiple decks simultaneously without proxying common cards like Sure Gamble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl
United States
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:
2x Core is ABSOLUTELY worth it, even for casual play. The number of good cards it takes to 3-of, plus having 2x Grimoire/Desperado/SanSan City Grid is very much worth it.

The third core is really only for people who absolutely need those third copies, or want to run many multiple decks simultaneously without proxying common cards like Sure Gamble.

I agree.

I have 3 cores, in part to be able to keep multiple decks pre-built, ready-to-to, but I admit it can be pretty wasteful for most players.

I really wish that FFG would redesign the core set with 3x of every card, or at least just market a "completion" pack that would fill in the holes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.