Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just curious what people are thinking about the relaunch. I had figured that there would be a larger initial surge from return backers. I'm a little surprised at how low we are right now.

So, I'm curious. Why are people not returning? Or why are people waiting to back?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed it this time but am most likely going to pull my pledge. The game is really expensive for a light, dice chucking game. After seeing the gameplay videos, it will be obvious that your dice selection will get thin in a 4 player game, which makes the first player advantage too big. Yeah.....

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Secrest
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It could be that you are right about a 4player game and it's unlikely that you will be proven wrong unless the creator comes up with a 4player play-through video. cry

Teamski wrote:
I backed it this time but am most likely going to pull my pledge. The game is really expensive for a light, dice chucking game. After seeing the gameplay videos, it will be obvious that your dice selection will get thin in a 4 player game, which makes the first player advantage too big. Yeah.....

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Niecikowski
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ski,

I am in your camp.
Only if the stretch goals are reached will I stay in which would increases the replayability and value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went all in last time and pledged at the base level again. I am super excited about this game and really hope the witching hour expansion is unlocked.
As soon as that stretch goal is in sight, I will up my pledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fnorbl Fnorblobson
msg tools
mbmbmb
Teamski wrote:
... The game is really expensive for a light, dice chucking game.

I agree. I like what I saw and read about the game, and you surely do get a lot of dice. But it still feels very expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the first campaign I went all in because I was a fan of Potluck Games. But this time around I'm not backing. I've got too many other campaigns that I had already planned on backing. Also, I have since done a lot more research and have more gaming experience under my belt. I know what I like better and what I'm interested in getting. Considering the price, what the game is about, and that it doesn't support solo play, it's just not tempting enough for me to get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure it will support solo play. If not immediately, then shortly afterwards.

Dan Zimmerman wrote:
Has there been any thought to having a single-player mode?

Potluck wrote:
Yes. We are most likely to address this by creating campaigns. For example, a fight against set opponents who always make the same buying choices. A more advanced version could include randomized character cards with special abilities for you opponents. Very easy to pull off, but I haven't prioritized it yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
I wasn't aware of the original launch when it happened, so I don't have any feelings about that. I know that some people were disappointed it didn't fund. The relaunch is the way to make that happen.

Looking solely at the relaunch, I'm quite amazed with the dedication put forth by the game creator to make this campaign a reality. A couple dozen extra dice (several creatures, 3 new spells and catapults) have been added to the base game, the new creature cards are sweet, and now the creator is working on some solo play rules that look pretty awesome - all without adding to the price! I've never seen a Kickstarter campaign add so much, especially without requiring a ton of stretch goals! I count 125 dice if we just meet the base funding amount. Plus, the creator has promised to throw in the Slimes even if we don't meet that stretch goal - which is 16 more dice. Beyond that, there are quite a few more dice that can be unlocked with enough backing - upping the value even more.

At $59, 141 dice = under 42 cents per die....and it includes free shipping within the US.

I don't see that as expensive at all, especially given the quality of the dice and solo player rules in the works.

If you want, you can expand the 1-4 player base game to 6 players, including custom game mats for $30. While I may not play with more than 4 players often, the custom mats alone are worth the price, so I've chosen to add this to my pledge.

The Witching Hour expansion is likely not going to be unlocked during this campaign, but it's a nice expansion that will be a separate campaign shortly after the base game ships. A lot of the higher end stretch goals fit in with the theme of the Witching Hour (Wolves, Demon, etc.), so it wouldn't surprise me if some or all of the missed stretch goals from this campaign would be rolled into to that campaign so they're still available for those who want them. You can add $29 for the Witching Hour now and get a refund if it doesn't unlock this time, or get it for free later during its campaign (even if the price goes up due to adding extra dice, etc.). I've added the $29 because I really want this game to fund and know it won't go to waste no matter what happens.

I've backed quite a few campaigns on Kickstarter and this is the one I'm most excited to see fund. I'm a huge fan of dice games and the tower defense genre and the demo on Tabletop Simulator has allowed me to play several times to get a good feel for the gameplay - and it's a ton of fun.

If you're on the fence about backing, I urge you to give it a shot. If you like dice games, tower defense games or solo games - this has a lot of appeal and can offer quite a bit of enjoyment for the price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Gresik
United States
Bolingbrook
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelson13 wrote:
I wasn't aware of the original launch when it happened, so I don't have any feelings about that. I know that some people were disappointed it didn't fund. The relaunch is the way to make that happen.

Looking solely at the relaunch, I'm quite amazed with the dedication put forth by the game creator to make this campaign a reality. A couple dozen extra dice (several creatures, 3 new spells and catapults) have been added to the base game, the new creature cards are sweet, and now the creator is working on some solo play rules that look pretty awesome - all without adding to the price! I've never seen a Kickstarter campaign add so much, especially without requiring a ton of stretch goals! I count 125 dice if we just meet the base funding amount. Plus, the creator has promised to throw in the Slimes even if we don't meet that stretch goal - which is 16 more dice. Beyond that, there are quite a few more dice that can be unlocked with enough backing - upping the value even more.

At $59, 141 dice = under 42 cents per die....and it includes free shipping within the US.

I don't see that as expensive at all, especially given the quality of the dice and solo player rules in the works.

If you want, you can expand the 1-4 player base game to 6 players, including custom game mats for $30. While I may not play with more than 4 players often, the custom mats alone are worth the price, so I've chosen to add this to my pledge.

While I see your point about $59 for 141 dice being good "value" the fact of the matter is, $59 is a high price point for a light, dice game. I looked at this one for a bit, but quite honestly the price point for the type of game it is simply doesn't work for me. Add in the custom mats and your approaching $100 - again, for a light dice game.

I realize publishers/designers need to make money, but I think that price point might be a stumbling block for some - I know it is for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't a light dice game. This is a light custom-dice game. The target market is people who want really nice custom dice, not people who want gameplay that measures up to a high price tag. In other words, this game (like Dungeon Dice) is for people who appreciate overproduction and/or bling over strategy. Which seems to be a small market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
I can appreciate that. I see this more of a mid-weight dice game than a light game, though - so perhaps that's where the value is more apparent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still don't understand why people call Potluck's games light games. I'd reserve that for something like Dungeon Roll, CLR, or Yahtzee. Games that are all about chucking dice and pressing your luck.

Anyone who assumes that all dice games are light just because they involve dice are missing out on some great games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're one of those who thinks the game is too expensive, consider a group buy.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1644403/group-buy-avail...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.