Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John E
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had made mention of having a special power for each player in my review of the game and that got me thinking more about it. This could easily be done with a basic set of cards -- just deal a couple to each player at the start of the game and they could choose one trait (special power) to give their house for the upcoming game.

I wanted to do at least 8 so that each player could pick from 2 cards. These are some rough ideas, and many of them could be totally broken. I was also thinking that each one would have both an advantage and disadvantage but now I'm kind of feeling like that would be too many special case rules to keep track of. Anyway let me know your thoughts!

Drow House Traits

Noble: At the start of your turn gain +1 Influence. Gain +1 VP whenever you buy a card costing 6 or more.

Demonic: Once during your turn you may discard 2 cards to Promote the top card of your deck or Devour a card from the Market row.

Crazed: Insane Outcast cards grant +1 Power and are worth +2 VP in your deck at the end of the game instead of -1 VP.

Scrying: Before drawing a new hand of 5 cards you may look at the top card of your deck and put it into your discard pile if you wish.

Warlike: At the start of your turn gain +1 Power. Once during your turn you may return 1 VP to gain +4 Power.

Wealthy: Once on your turn you may pay 3 Influence to Supplant an enemy troop.

Necromantic: Once on your turn you may Devour a card from your hand to take one of your troops from an enemy trophy hall and Deploy it anywhere on the board.

Territorial: If you have at least two site control markers at the start of your turn gain +1 Influence and +1 VP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morph Mode wrote:
I had made mention of having a special power for each player in my review of the game and that got me thinking more about it. This could easily be done with a basic set of cards -- just deal a couple to each player at the start of the game and they could choose one trait (special power) to give their house for the upcoming game.

I wanted to do at least 8 so that each player could pick from 2 cards. These are some rough ideas, and many of them could be totally broken. I was also thinking that each one would have both an advantage and disadvantage but now I'm kind of feeling like that would be too many special case rules to keep track of. Anyway let me know your thoughts!

Drow House Traits

Noble: At the start of your turn gain +1 Influence. Gain +1 VP whenever you buy a card costing 6 or more.

Demonic: Once during your turn you may discard 2 cards to Promote the top card of your deck or Devour a card from the Market row.

Crazed: Insane Outcast cards grant +1 Power and are worth +2 VP in your deck at the end of the game instead of -1 VP.

Scrying: Before drawing a new hand of 5 cards you may look at the top card of your deck and put it into your discard pile if you wish.

Warlike: At the start of your turn gain +1 Power. Once during your turn you may return 1 VP to gain +4 Power.

Wealthy: Once on your turn you may pay 3 Influence to Supplant an enemy troop.

Necromantic: Once on your turn you may Devour a card from your hand to take one of your troops from an enemy trophy hall and Deploy it anywhere on the board.

Territorial: If you have at least two site control markers at the start of your turn gain +1 Influence and +1 VP.

Sorry to say, but these all seem really powerful except for Scrying. Noble may be workable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Green
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an interesting idea, but I kind of agree with the last poster about those powers being OP. I think a better method of going about it would be by drafting another starter card (that performs a balanced effect equivalent across the board). Like:

Give one adjacent player an insane outcast
Gain two influence
Discard a card -> promote a single card played
Devour the top card of your deck -> gain two power
Gain one influence and deploy one troop
Devour a promoted card -> Gain 2 VP
Return a troop or spy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.