$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 107.62

6,690 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
42.2% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Patchwork» Forums » Rules

Subject: Do buttons / leathers count as spaces on the time board? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've been playing that the buttons and patches do not count as spaces on the board as the rules, though not explicit, only show pieces moving on the regular spaces.

However, we've also been playing that one counts income and/or leather bonus only after passing the spaces.

However, we noticed today that the rules say you get bonus/income when moving "onto or past one of those spaces".

Therefore the question that arose is whether there are essentially two spaces that count for each income/bonus space on which you can collect the action. Or whether we ought to be counting these special spots as spaces that the time tokens should "step" onto as moving around the time board.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
We've been playing that the buttons and patches do not count as spaces on the board as the rules, though not explicit, only show pieces moving on the regular spaces.

However, we've also been playing that one counts income and/or leather bonus only after passing the spaces.


You have been playing correctly
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
quixotequest wrote:
However, we noticed today that the rules say you get bonus/income when moving "onto or past one of those spaces".

"onto" is an editing error from an older version of the game. (There are various threads in the rules forum about that.)

Quote:
Therefore the question that arose is whether there are essentially two spaces that count for each income/bonus space on which you can collect the action.

Only when you pass the buttons/leathers do you collect their benefit (income or 1x1 patch). You never move onto them, and stopping in the space before them gives no benefit.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification. Interesting that old rules versions exist considering I bought my copy new just a couple months ago. Must not be a title that sells much ;-)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
quixotequest wrote:
Thanks for the clarification. Interesting that old rules versions exist considering I bought my copy new just a couple months ago. Must not be a title that sells much ;-)

True, it's a pretty obscure little game. I doubt many BGGers have even heard of it.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quixotequest wrote:
Thanks for the clarification. Interesting that old rules versions exist considering I bought my copy new just a couple months ago. Must not be a title that sells much ;-)

By "old rules" they mean rules from earlier iterations in the development and play test cycle. There's only been the one version published.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.