Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Massimo Paini
Italy
Romanengo
Cremona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game works well in two players? It remains valid? Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I play it with 2 players and enjoy it. I suggest you watch Rahdo's run through or at least listen to his final thoughts on the game with a 2 player count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
To me what makes Lancaster so good is lost in a two-player game. The amount of interaction is often reduced to the same as so many other worker placement games as the need to push out others of that area you really need isn't as important as you can just get it next round and get something else this one. It's also harder to win wars in France and stopping a leading player. The tension of the voting phase is also highly reduced. This is a game that gets better the more players are involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
*echoes Morten* I found it to be enjoyable with 2 players, but no longer great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimo Paini
Italy
Romanengo
Cremona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Murr wrote:
My wife and I play it with 2 players and enjoy it. I suggest you watch Rahdo's run through or at least listen to his final thoughts on the game with a 2 player count.

Unfortunately I do not know very well the English language, so the video can not figure out the final considerations. You could summarize it for me? Would you do me a favor. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Don't focus too much on his review part. He says so himself. Basically, Rahdo is a very positive person and all his final thoughts are full of positives so it's hard to judge much from it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Bush
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paino75 wrote:
This game works well in two players? It remains valid? Thank you.

2 player game is just okay, I would play 2 player again. But 4 player is best and 3 player is not good in my opinion as there are too many open spaces to chose from on the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Daniel
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played it 2p once and while it's ok, I wouldn't recommend it if 2p was your main focus. I find it better with 4 and 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.