United States
Gates Mills
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Ticket to Ride on BGG.com
Ticket to Ride app homepage

Ticket to Ride on the App Store (iOS)

Not quite an all-time low (it briefly hit $1.99 earlier this year), but this is still a fine price for a fine app. Deal only good for iOS at the moment—hopefully Android will follow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was free last year

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nim Chimpsky
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3wgames wrote:
It was free last year

It's never been free. Maybe you mean the Pocket version?

The reason for this price drop is that they're no longer going to be updating the Pocket version, and want people to switch over to using this app.

As an incentive, they're including the Pennsylvania map for free, in addition to this price drop.

Edit: To get the Penn. map for free, you need to have TtR Pocket, and use the migration feature to transfer your account over to the main TtR app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rodriguez
United States
Gates Mills
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
macgruff wrote:
As an incentive, they're including the Pennsylvania map for free, in addition to this price drop.

Is that right? I already owned the app, and I see that the Pennsylvania IAP costs me $4.99. Strange that newcomers only have to pay $2.99 for the base game and Pennsylvania while current users have to pay $4.99 for just Pennsylvania.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nim Chimpsky
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corsairs wrote:
macgruff wrote:

Is that right? I already owned the app, and I see that the Pennsylvania IAP costs me $4.99. Strange that newcomers only have to pay $2.99 for the base game and Pennsylvania while current users have to pay $4.99 for just Pennsylvania.

Yeah, it unlocks as part of the "migration" process that's built into the Pocket app (in the latest update).

Without the free map, people may've complained about having to pay $3 to switch to the main app, just because DoW decided to no longer support the one they were using.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Schmitz
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this cross device... Meaning one purchase and it is good on both iPad and iPhone without needing E to purchase again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Schmitz
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I took the plunge. It is nice seeing that I get the Pennsylvania map for free, but it appears I need to repurchase Europe and Switzerland?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Alba
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tip! In addition to TtR on my iPad, I also own TtR Pocket from when I used an iPod Touch.

I redownloaded TtR Pocket, pushed the Migrate button, and now the Pennsylvania map is available on TtR. Awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.