$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
45% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

The Gallerist» Forums » Rules

Subject: Reputation tile for third work of art gained in international auction rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Grabiner
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my last game, a player had not yet gotten the reputation tile for three works of art in his gallery by the endgame scoring. He had two works of art in his gallery, and then won a third work in the international auction, which he chose to place in his gallery.

What happens to the reputation tile? Reputation tiles score before the international auction, but the tile is gained when you place the third work in your gallery.

We ruled that he did not gain the bonus on the tile, but that he could still move the tile to his reputation tiles section, and gain a bonus for putting a tile there ($2 per Investor/$1 per Collector).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Maire
France
St Jean de Moirans
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As game is over when he did this, I would say that the reputation tile is unused (and so no bonus or any gain at all).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, hopefully: 2016 - Lisboa, 2017 - A Colony in Mars, 201? - Escape plan
mbmbmbmbmb
Discard it before score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ariel
Chile
Viña del Mar
V. Región
flag msg tools
If a game needs it, I feel forced to create and implement some variants.
mbmbmbmbmb

Always follow the end game scoring order. Its timing is important to avoid these misunderstandings and to have/ensure a fair/balanced scoring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I see it is that the Work of Art won in the Auction does not go in your gallery (at game end your gallery could be full), it is just assigned to either the Curator card or the Agent card to help make up a set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.