Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
eugene alitz
Israel
Kiriat Motzkin
flag msg tools
Hello, guys.

I`m already played 3 times (solo variant), and have some questions :

1. Starvation token - do i remove them from my stock after reducing the morale, or they still presents to the next rounds?

2. If one of survivors is killed, through his way to another location, do i need to remove one dice? If yes - it have be used or not used dice?

3. If i have survivor with special ability to look and keep additional card at search, and i add to this survivor an item with same ability, so on one action i can look and keep 4 items, or this must be 2 different actions?

4. About adding zombies to the colony: in the rules writes that zombies always must be added in this order : 1st entrance, 2nd entrance etc.
So if i add barricade to the 1st entrance, but have free space at 3rd entrance - where i need to add the zombie? Destroy barricade at 1st entrance or add him at any free space?

Thankx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Still present but you will only lose moral to the amount of the starvation tokens the next time you can't feed your survivors (which will be 2 the next time).

2. Yes you remove one dice, IIRC of your choice. see below.

3. If it doesn't say it's a special action and just enhances the normal search action I think it's possible.

4. Destroy a barriace at the first entrance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ZdadrDeM wrote:
2. Yes you remove one dice, IIRC of your choice.

Source? There's nothing in the rules (that I could find) to suggest you would have to do this. Of course, you'll have one fewer dice to use on the next round, but that's different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
MercifulBiscuit wrote:
ZdadrDeM wrote:
2. Yes you remove one dice, IIRC of your choice.

Source? There's nothing in the rules (that I could find) to suggest you would have to do this. Of course, you'll have one fewer dice to use on the next round, but that's different.

Mh, you're right. The rules on page 8 at the beginning of the round tell to remove all dice and then give every player (1 + the number of survivors) dice.
Ok, keep it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Boston
United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
psycura wrote:

2. If one of survivors is killed, through his way to another location, do i need to remove one dice? If yes - it have be used or not used dice?

You add/remove dice at the START of the player actions phase (before you roll the dice). So this is where you would get an additional die for any new survivor, it's also where you lose a die for lost survivors.

However, we play it (for admin purposes) that we add/remove the dice from the USED pool.

psycura wrote:

3. If i have survivor with special ability to look and keep additional card at search, and i add to this survivor an item with same ability, so on one action i can look and keep 4 items, or this must be 2 different actions?

I assume you mean card (such as a blueprint) and not survivor.
You can either:
a) Draw 2 (with the survivor ability) as a single search action and then Draw 2 with the blue print as another search action (2 dice in total)

OR

b) Draw 3 cards as a single search action, 1 die total.

psycura wrote:

4. About adding zombies to the colony: in the rules writes that zombies always must be added in this order : 1st entrance, 2nd entrance etc.
So if i add barricade to the 1st entrance, but have free space at 3rd entrance - where i need to add the zombie? Destroy barricade at 1st entrance or add him at any free space?

Add it to the 1st location and destroy the barricade.

Remember, and this is a rule I've seen lots of people get wrong, if you add zombies as part of a crisis then it is treated as a DIFFERENT round of zombies than the "add zombies" phase of the colony upkeep.

So if you had to add 3 zombies on the crisis fail and the "add zombie" phase then you would have 2 zombies at locations 1-3 and not 1 zombie at locations 1-6
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eugene alitz
Israel
Kiriat Motzkin
flag msg tools
ZdadrDeM wrote:
1. Still present but you will only lose moral to the amount of the starvation tokens the next time you can't feed your survivors (which will be 2 the next time).

How i can get rid of them if i have enough food tokens the next time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
psycura wrote:
ZdadrDeM wrote:

You can't, but that doesn't really matter. Starvation only occurs when you haven't got enough food for the current round. So, first time, you add one starvation token, and lose morale. If you have enough food for the next round, you don't add any tokens, and you don't lose any morale. If you then lacked enough food for the third round, you'd add another starvation token and then lose two morale. Etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MercifulBiscuit wrote:
psycura wrote:
ZdadrDeM wrote:

You can't, but that doesn't really matter. Starvation only occurs when you haven't got enough food for the current round. So, first time, you add one starvation token, and lose morale. If you have enough food for the next round, you don't add any tokens, and you don't lose any morale. If you then lacked enough food for the third round, you'd add another starvation token and then lose two morale. Etc.

I wouldn't say it "doesn't really matter" -- it's definitely bad that the starvation tokens stay there. They might never affect you if you can avoid starvation for the rest of the game, but they are always sitting there threatening you.

Thematically, the reason that you can't get rid of them could be that if you starve once, you always remember it. Even if you have lots of food later, it still weighs on you. So if you starve a second time, it feels even worse than the first time and you lose 2 Morale instead of 1.

You just can't erase those memories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
randomlife wrote:
MercifulBiscuit wrote:
psycura wrote:
ZdadrDeM wrote:

I wouldn't say it "doesn't really matter"

I agree, it's important. What I meant was that you don't have to lose a morale (or a number of morale) each turn just because you have a starvation token - you only lose morale when you're unable to feed the colony, but then the morale you lose is equal to the number of starvation tokens you have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.