6,837 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
43.1% of Goal | left

Support:

Carlos Magno Rosa
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
People that have played the previous version, what are you thoughts on the extra action spaces (2p, 3-4p)? Have you played with them? How does the game ?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flávio O
msg tools
SyKot wrote:
People that have played the previous version, what are you thoughts on the extra action spaces (2p, 3-4p)? Have you played with them? How does the game ?

Thanks

You mean these?

If so, I played a handful 2-player games and rarely used them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Magno Rosa
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah those. You think it made the game easier?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Johnson
Scotland
flag msg tools
mb
My girlfriend and I use the one for the two-player game. I think it makes it less aggressively competitive, in particular having the extra "have children" space. I've seen people talk here about how vicious the two-player game is, and I haven't really felt that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flávio O
msg tools
I used it only on my first 2/3 plays with the girlfriend because we didn't know how to properly use the cards. And yes it made a bit easier and like Robin said, less competitive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyvsmonkey wrote:
SyKot wrote:

Thanks

You mean these?

I'll have a 2-player session report up one of these days, in which Ron and I tried out the large tile, what we refer to as "the wussy tile." It was an "FotM" game; I think we utilized the thing about five or six times: Ron took early stone to pursue the Kiln gambit, while I stripped it of most of the extra wood it generated. We both used it for convenient growth, but I can't say that our scores reflected any of this.

Yeah, it opens things up somewhat, if simply by further branching of the decision tree, but it didn't strike me as too hateful. I can take it or leave it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't used it FotM yet. With base 'Gric, the early stone meant there were 3 things to fight over: wood, reed, and stone. Adding that third thing meant that the traditional wood denial vs. reed denial (assuming no one has cards to alleviate them) gets messed up. I liked it and found that it eased the game a bit. The extra 3-food, FG, and wood may have gotten used a couple of times but I didn't find any of them significant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.