Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Never thought I'd see the day when GW put an insert in a box (and the artwork around the edges is lovely)...

Oh, and the board is a bloody marvel...

Here's the reverse...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game keeps looking better and better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Isnt there support coming for additional characters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthewabair wrote:

Game comes with rules for 8 characters (miniatures for 4). 2 more characters are included in the September White Dwarf, so at the moment there are 10 heroes available. I wouldn't be surprised to see more in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
matthewabair wrote:

Game comes with rules for 8 characters (miniatures for 4). 2 more characters are included in the September White Dwarf, so at the moment there are 10 heroes available. I wouldn't be surprised to see more in the future.

Do we know what miniatures represent the 6 heroes not in the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthewabair wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
matthewabair wrote:

Do we know what miniatures represent the 6 heroes not in the box?

When the game was originally announced, these were my predictions for the eight:

Aspiring Deathbringer with Goreaxe and Skullhammer (in the Gorechosen box)
Exalted Deathbringer with Ruinous Axe (in the Gorechosen box)
Skullgrinder (in the Gorechosen box)
Slaughterpriest (in the Gorechosen box and Mighty Heroes box)
Bloodsecrator (in the Age of Sigmar box)
Bloodstoker (in the Age of Sigmar box)
Exalted Deathbringer with Impaling Spear (available separately)
Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrath-Hammer (available separately)

We now know that the Slaugterpriest with Hackblade is definitely in (the figure comes free with the September issue of White Dwarf, which also includes a "sneak peek" at his rules).

The same issue of White Dwarf also has rules for two "Mighty Champions" which are:

Valkia

Skarr

That leaves three unconfirmed, but they are the only other three heroes that have rules in Silver Tower. I am pretty sure the Exalted Deathbringer with spear is going to be in as he is available separately as a hero clampack:

The problem with the last two predictions is that they are only available in the Age of Sigmar boxed set. I don't like the idea of requiring the purchase of an entirely different game just to get the extra heroes for Gorechosen, so I am hoping I am (a) wrong, or (b) that they are going to makes these heroes available in another format.

If my predictions are wrong, then these are the other potential options (these are the only other individual Bloodbound packs that are available):

Exalted Deathbringer

Aspiring Deathbringer

Which is a very long post to say, we definitely know 7 of the 10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyäegha
Germany
flag msg tools
GW does inserts...now I've seen everything.

@Kevin
I know this is not the correct forum but since you mentioned the clam packs of other chaos heroes: Do you know if these packs contain the silver tower hero cards? This was supposed to happen (allegedly) but I never bothered to find out myself and this just reminded me of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheWaitingDark wrote:

@Kevin
I know this is not the correct forum but since you mentioned the clam packs of other chaos heroes: Do you know if these packs contain the silver tower hero cards? This was supposed to happen (allegedly) but I never bothered to find out myself and this just reminded me of it.

It definitely hasn't happened yet. However, most of the other rumours have come to pass, so I still have hope that this will happen to.

It may be that GW is waiting to see if Silver Tower sells well enough to make it worthwhile, or else it may just be something that takes a long time in terms of logistics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyäegha
Germany
flag msg tools
Thanks, that's what I thought. So there goes my dream of using Valkia in Silver Tower for now (no I won't use the app even if she is in there)

Guess we'll have to wait and see what the rest of the year brings. I'm still hoping for an enemy pack with all "Advanced" beasties that are mentioned in the rulebook.

I have to admit though, Gorechosen does look really promising. Should be another instant hit here at my table from the looks of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheWaitingDark wrote:
Thanks, that's what I thought. So there goes my dream of using Valkia in Silver Tower for now (no I won't use the app even if she is in there)

Guess we'll have to wait and see what the rest of the year brings. I'm still hoping for an enemy pack with all "Advanced" beasties that are mentioned in the rulebook.

I have to admit though, Gorechosen does look really promising. Should be another instant hit here at my table from the looks of it.

I don't use the app either. I will settle for printing out and laminating White Dwarf pages, but I'm not interested in squinting at my phone while I'm gaming. Either way, I don't believe Valkia has any rules for Silver Tower yet. I think she might be better as a named villain, otherwise she would probably be too overpowered.

I have been holding off buying any flamers or screamers just in case they do a new monster pack, especially as the only way to get an exalted flamer at the moment is to buy a chariot and make a conversion. So, hopefully that will happen.

After that, I would like to see some rules for introducing new types of monsters into Silver Tower.

As for Gorechosen... Yup, it's a pre-order for me. It just looks great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R S
msg tools
mbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:

The problem with the last two predictions is that they are only available in the Age of Sigmar boxed set. I don't like the idea of requiring the purchase of an entirely different game just to get the extra heroes for Gorechosen, so I am hoping I am (a) wrong, or (b) that they are going to makes these heroes available in another format.

I understand your point of view, but I would see that more as bonus for whose who already bought Age of Sigmar box. It is of course good if they release the heroes individually, otherwise, I am fine by it. There are already four heroes in the box + one with WD + two separate ones (Valkia and Skarr). And I am sure GW will release files for the other heroes available in stores.

It would have been even better if one of the four heroes was unique to Gorechosen, like the Imperial Assassin unique to Assassinorium (but they are now available separately).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Helruyn wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:

I understand your point of view, but I would see that more as bonus for whose who already bought the Silver Tower.

Age of Sigmar. Not Silver Tower.

My predictions for the last two characters were characters from the Age of Sigmar war game. I own Silver Tower, but I am unlikely to buy Age of Sigmar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R S
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks, I edited my post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick update in case anyone finds this post late. My predictions were actually 100% correct. The 8 characters with rules in the Gorechosen box are:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
Just a quick update in case anyone finds this post late. My predictions were actually 100% correct. The 8 characters with rules in the Gorechosen box are:

Was that last one also the one attached with the latest WD magazine?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthewabair wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:

Was that last one also the one attached with the latest WD magazine?

Yes, it is. He is still available for retail for stupid money (£18), so getting the White Dwarf magazine is a good idea! Despite it selling out from a lot of online retailers at the pre-order stage, a lot of local stores still seem to have it (in the UK, at least).

(EDIT: I am predicting a "hero" pack at some point in the future, with the extra four characters, especially as two of the characters are currently only available with Age of Sigmar, and all four characters work in Silver Tower.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hoping I have these right...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthewabair wrote:
Hoping I have these right...

This looks absolutely on the money. Good job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've got 9 of these models, 2 are already painted and I use in AoS. The other 7 are built and I'm in the middle of painting now. So apparently I'm only missing the Exalted Deathbringer with Impaling Spear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthewabair wrote:
I've got 9 of these models, 2 are already painted and I use in AoS. The other 7 are built and I'm in the middle of painting now. So apparently I'm only missing the Exalted Deathbringer with Impaling Spear.

I'm a bit envious. I don't play AoS, so I only have figures from board games and White Dwarf at the moment.

(Slightly off topic...) Although I haven't ordered them yet, I quite like the hero boxes for Silver Tower. There is something very appealing to me about getting a box with figures representing lots of different races. I need lots of variety when I paint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Sölvefjord
Sweden
Skövde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not meaning to be a downer but if you ever get any of the extra characters, the insert becomes obsolete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Slovakia
flag msg tools
As the next owner of this little gem I gotta say, the absolute best thing about that box is that little arrow on the inside that tells me exactly the way the lid should go on to be aligned properly with the bottom, without me having to check every time by flipping the box laugh It's orgasmic

I'd never expect an insert from GW, and with extra room for more stuff, loving it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.