Subject: Scythe just became 10x more fun for me! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Crown of Command
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought I'd share my Scythe painted minis...I had a company do them for me, and it was AWESOME!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/projectmoonlightcafe/albums/72...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
*does a double-take of the thread title*

Leave it alone, Universe!

*shakes fist at the Universe*

You leave this harmless, defenseless, innocent, Scythe game alone, you evil ironic, hilarious Universe!

(Or if this was intentional; well played, OP, well played. Awesome looking minis BTW)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Strubczewski
United States
Gettysburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which quality level? And how much was it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crown of Command
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Martystrub969 wrote:

I gave them a budget and they just ran with it...I think the mechs where somewhere between Tabletop to Tabletop Plus, and the leaders were somewhere between Character and Character Plus. The base they just charged me $1 per mini. Total came to about $200. AND I live in Canada, so it's $200 cheap Canadian dollars. I saw another studio listing in the US for over $400 US...so really I am super happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crown of Command
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exo Desta wrote:
*does a double-take of the thread title*

Leave it alone, Universe!

*shakes fist at the Universe*

You leave this harmless, defenseless, innocent, Scythe game alone, you evil ironic, hilarious Universe!

(Or if this was intentional; well played, OP, well played. Awesome looking minis BTW)

lol...it DID become much more fun and enjoyable. Never owned any painted minis before, but after this, I can't say I would want to play another game without them...lol! Lucky for me (and my wallet) I don't typically own miniatures games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The mechs are a bit too silvery-all-over for me, but the characters look AWESOME!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty darn sweet ! Id kill to have my Scythe mini's painted. Already paid a premium to get my copy tho, and Id rather invest in more games ... but man ... If only I could do that ! Grats and enjoy ! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crown of Command
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Qualm wrote:
The mechs are a bit too silvery-all-over for me, but the characters look AWESOME!

Actually they don't reflect that much...the silvery came from my external flash as did the little specks that look like dust...it's all reflections from my flash as I took those photos at night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those look great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Omg they look great, now I want to have mine painted too but, I can't part with my minis, it's our current game of the week :-(.

I wish I could buy a seperate set of minis and have them painted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flávio O
msg tools
Warwolf42 wrote:
Omg they look great, now I want to have mine painted too but, I can't part with my minis, it's our current game of the week :-(.

I wish I could buy a seperate set of minis and have them painted.

But you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooooo I hadn't seen these before.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the best paint job on Mox's fur that I've seen so far. Very well done overall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Justice
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
I am the great Cornholio!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kind of off topic just a bit, but where did you get the clear containers that you are using to hold your resources?

Great pics BTW, your minis look incredible. I'm officially jealous now (and likely $200 poorer in the near future as well)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crown of Command
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I bought it at some Japanese general store.

ElCapitan76 wrote:
Kind of off topic just a bit, but where did you get the clear containers that you are using to hold your resources?

Great pics BTW, your minis look incredible. I'm officially jealous now (and likely $200 poorer in the near future as well)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jones
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
projectmoonlightcafe wrote:
Martystrub969 wrote:

I gave them a budget and they just ran with it...I think the mechs where somewhere between Tabletop to Tabletop Plus, and the leaders were somewhere between Character and Character Plus. The base they just charged me $1 per mini. Total came to about $200. AND I live in Canada, so it's $200 cheap Canadian dollars. I saw another studio listing in the US for over $400 US...so really I am super happy.

They should give you a discount for driving business to them. They did a great job on the character minis and that is a very fair price. I may contact them just to do my characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll paint mine when I finally get my copy of Scythe. As a fellow non-miniatures player I also thought painting miniatures was a daunting task. But it's actually an enjoyable endeavor and the best part of it is that even if you suck at painting, the miniatures will still look much better after you paint them than before. It is really hard to seriously f**k it up. Sure, they are unlikely to look as good as those posted by the OP, but they will look alright and it will have been something that YOU have done, which is gratifying in itself! I started painting War Of The Ring earlier this year and have been surprised at how easy it is and how enjoyable it is. It does take HUMUNGOUS amounts of time though, so DON'T DO IT if you are generally super strapped for time. For me, I have been painting instead of watching TV, surfing the net or playing solo games, and frankly, at the moment I prefer painting to all of those activities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crown of Command
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While that would be awesome, I just wanted to give credit where it's due, and other gamers can also enjoy getting their minis painted. I've always wanted to know how to get minis painted cheaply. Now I found it and I'm sharing. Also as a gamer I've always wanted a cheap gaming table...so I preordered the Duchess as well on KS...lol. Life is getting good!

bclayj wrote:
Martystrub969 wrote:

They should give you a discount for driving business to them. They did a great job on the character minis and that is a very fair price. I may contact them just to do my characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crown of Command
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I might do it if I had a friend who can show me and I can try my hand on it. Otherwise, I don't want to start investing in brushes and paints and then realize I don't want to do it.

BlueSwan wrote:
I'll paint mine when I finally get my copy of Scythe. As a fellow non-miniatures player I also thought painting miniatures was a daunting task. But it's actually an enjoyable endeavor and the best part of it is that even if you suck at painting, the miniatures will still look much better after you paint them than before. It is really hard to seriously f**k it up. Sure, they are unlikely to look as good as those posted by the OP, but they will look alright and it will have been something that YOU have done, which is gratifying in itself! I started painting War Of The Ring earlier this year and have been surprised at how easy it is and how enjoyable it is. It does take HUMUNGOUS amounts of time though, so DON'T DO IT if you are generally super strapped for time. For me, I have been painting instead of watching TV, surfing the net or playing solo games, and frankly, at the moment I prefer painting to all of those activities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I might do it if I had a friend who can show me and I can try my hand on it. Otherwise, I don't want to start investing in brushes and paints and then realize I don't want to do it.

BlueSwan wrote:

That's understandable. I just bought a cheap beginners set initially to try it out. Later, after I discovered that I enjoyed it, I have invested in quality stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.