Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Kellett
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1632101/bad-experience-scal...

vodu wrote:
Hi,

I participated in the fallen frontier's Kickstarter campaing almost two years ago ( https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/298260359/fallen-fronti... ). Another miniatures game ... Yummy !.
The guys from Scale games delivered the game with a year late. I have no problem with that, it is difficult to produce a game. But, when they announced that all boxes were posted and i didn't get mine, i was a little bit worry.
I contact them via Kickstarter ... ... nothing. Their forum ... Nothing! their website ... still no answer ... I try Facebook ... More than 10 days later, an answer ... Yooohoo !

Guys tells me this:

Good morning According with update nº67 on the kikstarter campaing (https://www.kickstarter.com/…/fallen-frontier…/posts/1314856) you make a donation with no rewards to the proyect Kinds regards

But wait, I have fulfilled this pledge manager? You have my payment information, my backer number ... What ?! And even, imagine I didn't do it, you punished people who helped you to create your game ?! You are robbing me more than $100 ?!

Incredible !

What sort of company closes their pledge manager and tells backers thaty their money will be considered a 'gift' if they haven't filled it in correctly or on time? Then bans the backer from commenting on forums?

Seriously? Sort it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I note their website's Terms and Conditions, Section 6, can be read to allow the company to retroactively 'limit' instead of cancel any order, without mention of any refund of purchased price.

Interesting.

(I also note the T&C is reasonably draconian about their forums...but see, this isn't that forum...)

Section Six of Scale Game's T&C wrote:
Scale Game's Terms & Conditions, Section 2 prohibits copying the Section 6 without express written approval. whistle

Yes, I'm playing it safe. I chose not to contact Scale Games for more information or permission to copy any part of their site, not worth my time right now. I'm not a customer, but even I had raised eyebrows over what I heard, then what I read. Yes, I chose to read things in a paranoid & cynical way to see if the company could, by their own lights, say they are behaving correctly for what I have heard done. Turns out they can, whether I like it or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The whole behaviour of Scale Games is disgusting. A gamer pledged $100 expecting to get a game but because he filled out the pledge form incorrectly they are treating the sum as a donation and refusing to send him anything. Further more, they have banned his account on the Scale Games forums so he cannot voice his experience with the company there. I suspect he is not the only fan Scale Games have swindled with this pledge ambiguity nonsense and we will hear from others too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just...wow. This company will never see one penny from me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Sweek

Oregon
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the latest official response to the issues.

Quote:
Update #90

Issues

[EN] Hello everyone:

We've almost finished our adventure in KS and there are still some delivery issues caused because some of our backers did not complete the Pledge Manager.

That mandatory condition for all backers caused us delays in production and even incidentals expenses because we didn't know the exact number of pieces to produce.

We did not know the precise quantities to produce, nor the addresses of many, even their gift choices. Logically we had to make a deadline to avoid harming others and we notified all twice that anyone not sending us that information would lose its pledge and money for not fulfilling that minimum information requirement.

However as proof of good will and appreciation for their support, all those backers who did not complete their PM can contact us via fallenfrontiers@gmail.com (just this way) so they can offset the cost of their pledge with products of the retail release of Fallen Frontiers. They can check them through this link and tell us which ones they wish to exchange for the value of their pledge + shipping. All of this should be sent by email before October 10, 2016. From that date we will definitely terminate FF shipments from KS.

We believe this is a more than reasonable compensation for those who breached the obligation to complete the PM. We want you to understand our position and thereby, your monetary contribution is compensated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkSeverance wrote:
This is the latest official response to the issues.

Quote:
Update #90

Issues

[EN] We believe this is a more than reasonable compensation for those who breached the obligation to complete the PM. We want you to understand our position and thereby, your monetary contribution is compensated.

I imagine those who believe that Scale Games first breached their obligation to provide the backer reward promised for the support may have their own views of how this company considers them post-campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.