Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy B
United Kingdom
Mold
Clwyd
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just want to confirm my reading of the rules. Any time I attempt to move out of a space which has a monster in, I must make an evade check.

The scenario is I am in a space with a deep one. The door to the room is in the adjacent space, which is occupied by a cultist. To get out of the room, I must evade both monsters. I can do this with a single move action, but a double evade check.

That is how we played it and I couldn't find anything to contradict that.
cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Furey wrote:
The scenario is I am in a space with a deep one. The door to the room is in the adjacent space, which is occupied by a cultist. To get out of the room, I must evade both monsters. I can do this with a single move action, but a double evade check.

Correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yep. Any time you want to do any action that isn't attacking a monster in your space, you need to Evade the monster with the highest Awareness in that space. This also includes using movement points as part of the Move action.

It's also important to do exactly what the app tells you when Evading. Sometimes failing will result in damage or some other effect, but will not tell you to forfeit your action, so you can still continue doing what you were going to do, even if the Evade failed. I just wanted to point it out since folks tend to ask that question a lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy B
United Kingdom
Mold
Clwyd
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks to you both

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.