Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tom tom
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Does one player playing this card negate all wounds from being gained by all players, or just the player who played it?

"If any player would gain a Wound, you may discard this card instead. If you do, draw two cards."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Steele
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I believe the event of multiple players gaining wounds is actually an instance of multiple events, 1 for each player. Luke Cage would be able to replace the one of your choice, but not all of them, just like the common question of discarding 1 card to satisfy the condition of multiple cards that ask you to do so (you cannot). You do not have to prevent specifically yourself from gaining a wound, though. If you like wounds, such as you've got a lot of Wolverine (XM), Old Man Logan, or Hulk, you could opt to prevent someone else from gaining it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mb
I would read it that you may choose which player you may block the wound for. If everybody gains a wound you can throw down TaBftT to block the wound to yourself, or another player, but not all players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think most effects in this game are not simultaneous. So if a card effect says something like, "All players gain 1 Wound," it still happens in a certain order. Start with the active player and go clockwise. If there are 4 players and only 2 Wounds left, the active player and the player on their left gain the Wounds.

So, for this case, you would just wait until one of the players was about to gain a Wound and you would stop that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.