Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
mb

Back during the kickstarter, I was very much in love with the idea of making 3d tiles (as I get with almost all games of this type), but since all tiles are double sided, and there were four new otherworlds planned, this would make for an insane amount of work, and take up unreasonable amounts of storage space, I instead came up with the rather grand idea of doing some embelishments, 3d terrain elements to set up along with the tiles...
I haven't played yet, but decided that this fall would be the time to start, getting going before the rest of my Minecart stuff arrives, hopefully early next year... I have been putting terrain bits and pieces aside for a couple of years now, and finally got took the plunge... So this week I've assembled and painted all the Swamps minis, including Jargono clour variants, and some Swamp slugs, but excluding heroes, and in an astonishing two days, made the terrain embellishment pieces!

I've cheated a bit...Most of the Mine pieces are cover sections I made for Warmachine, but fit the theme rather splendidly I think, and I've got some resin pieces including mine tracks and a cart, that I'll do later for even more variety.
Some of the jungle pieces are as old as twenty years, originally made for my Catachan jungle fighters, cut to smaller sizes, and modified with ruins, flesheating plants and little creatures.
The Targa pieces are a mix of a GW Lord of the Rings Ruin set, dolled up a bit, and the statues and broken arch which are made from scratch, from hard foam and depron, with figures from various sources.
This will certainly be enough to get me started plying, but I might do a handfull or so more elements for each. I also have stuff collected for Trederra, the Wastelands, and have ideas for what I might do for Cynder and the Space Ship... When they arrive...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. C.
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great, especially Jargono and COTA. I look forward to seeing more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
"If you're not cheating, you're not painting." -- John Bonnot, Grandmaster Punster, Reaper Painting VIP. laugh

Great job. I've seen others embellish the boards, rather than replace the terrain. Here's a Super Dungeon Explore setup with unpainted Secret Weapon Miniature's Malice RPG game pieces:

I would add some sort of mat that matches the otherworlds, or just a black mat. Michael's has a Labor Day Sale this weekend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks guys! Yep, I think I'm going to get a black mat, would look much better... Michaels? Not around here I'm afraid...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks really awesome but the thought of even more room needed on the table terrifies me laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Drouin
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks unreal mate!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks Ben!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.