$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
40% of Goal | left

Support:

David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone played these yet and if so what are your experiences? I bought them in the store after Gencon and I'm painting them up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Chase

Akron
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played any of them yet, but I know I'm going to start with the cowboy. The "mount" ability that lets you ride large enemies sounds like a blast. I can't wait to have him ride the burrower!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MT Dav

Maryland
msg tools
I've been playing four Jargono Natives as a hunting party in the swamps and they are fun. They became very strong very quick, mostly owing to pulling swamp artifacts exclusively and having so many close up ambushes. I've pushed the difficulty up to compensate for the synergy benefits the gear is causing.

The archer with tribal arrows is very good. He has the personal item that allows him to ignore endurance, tough, and armor on one hit. The bow crits on a 5/6 deals D8 damage, + an arrow, + bonus for crits due to a skill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Florio
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmb
I tried briefly them all.

The doctor gives you a very strong healer and a very competent melee character.

He starts weak (no good melee weapons). He has a weaker version of the Saloon Girl +1 damage skill.
He has also an interesting item that lets you accumulate tokens for each different creature you saw during a single adventure. Once per adventure, you may exchange the tokens for +X damage (X = tokens).

If you go this route, the doctor levels quite fast. He gets 50xp each time you see a new type of monster.

Jargono Native I tried the bow version but I'm ending using melee mostly (as the starting bow is kinda weak with 1 shot). I like the theme but I didn't explore the char map.

Cow boy... Oh man, I love this char! The upgrade charts may look so so compared to other heroes. But his starting skills are amazing. Each turn he gets a grit on a 4+ if he's at zero. He can cancel travel hazards on 3+.

The lasso is great on small and large melee enemies. You can use it before the monster act and hold in in place (negating his melee attacks). I love it.

Starting Ability you have to chose between:

Option A: Stronger starting gear (that you will eventually replace) and decent ability. (This will give you a lot of fun since you will be leveling and killing more stuffs faster)

OR a very strong skill but a sucky starting gear (pistol)

If you think long term the second one is probably better.

Another great thing about the cowboy is his very high starting Hit Points and Sanity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just picked up 4 of the 6 preview characters - orphan, doc, cowboy, prospector. I picked up the other 2 (well, all 6 heroes) for a friend.

I haven't played with them yet - still have one more day at PAX so I won't even be able to think about assembly until Wednesday (travelling tuesday). I'm really looking forward to trying them all out though.

I think I'll save the doc for a large posse, as he seems like a great support character who can get xp and be involved without fighting. His tinkering abilities look like they'll just get better with Trederra, Blasted Wastes, and Derelict Ship stuff.

The Cowboy looks like he has few really fun upgrade paths, and it's going to be hard to pick one to start with.

I didn't grab the Jargono Native - had to stop the spending somewhere, and leave something on the Christmas list. My friend has it though, so I'll be able to try it if I want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Guys, thanks for the great feedback/previews.

I wish FFP didn't put all base characters into separate character sheets as they did for extra characters. It will be much more convinient to have just a pack of characters' sheets without using adventure books.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
yury1975 wrote:

I wish FFP didn't put all base characters into separate character sheets as they did for extra characters. It will be much more convinient to have just a pack of characters' sheets without using adventure books.

Scan them in, print them out double sided on nice stock and/or laminate them. Do the same or just laminate the new characters and you have a nice set of individual reference sheets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
rpvt wrote:
yury1975 wrote:

Scan them in, print them out double sided on nice stock and/or laminate them. Do the same or just laminate the new characters and you have a nice set of individual reference sheets.

Thanks for advice. Probably I will follow it.

But anyaway I would prefer if authors think about such nice details how to make their games more convinient themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
What Keywords do each of the new Heroes possess? I'm sure the Tribesman will have Tribal for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRX
Otherworld, Jargono, Tribal for the Tribal Warrior
Frontier, Medical for the Doctor
Frontier, Showman for the Cowboy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MT Dav

Maryland
msg tools
I've been playing four Jargono Natives as a hunting party in the swamps exclusively and they are mid level 3 at this point. 2 archers, one knife fighter, and one shield fighter. I have just ported them over to the mines to continue adventuring. They are fun to play. They do critical damage often, 2/3rds of the time and one character is +4 initiative when ambushed. Some of the characters have the personal item that allows them to ignore tough, endurance, or armor on one hit that is very useful especially on the archer.

Once you start building synergies, neat things start to happen. For example the archer using tribal arrows can, when things work, pump out 7 arrows with his jargono bow, 2 hits criting on 5/6 using eagle feather arrows, yields 4 more shots, and if you kill something you get one more shot. This is all dealing D8 damage, +1 vs. beasts, +3 if your 5 other arrows are tribal ones, +1 another for the crit bonus skill. I suppose you could daisy chain more eagle feather arrows into the mix but I don't usually play that way. My other archer is shifting to melee as he can't hit anything-it is very funny. The other archer fully makes up for the deficiencies of the fist

The shield pitfighter is a grit machine.

The double knife fighter quickly stopped using them due to lucky weapon pulls and doesn't truly come to form until later levels when the proper skills are taken.

They are fun to play and the party of one hero type is a totally different feel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.