Subject: Averni bot Quarters quick question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
andy bush

London
London
msg tools
mb
Hi sorry I need clarification on the AI Averni Quarters process.

If no area is devastated do you move on to next bullet point and move leader to join 'most, end next to most Regions with Averni available'

Also - can anyone explain that but to me - I'm really confused by it, sorry.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
buschenfeld wrote:
Hi sorry I need clarification on the AI Averni Quarters process.

If no area is devastated do you move on to next bullet point and move leader to join 'most, end next to most Regions with Averni available'

Yes. That's the reason it is a separate bullet in the flowchart summary. The rulebook text (8.7.7) describes the same process in more words.

Quote:
Also - can anyone explain that but to me - I'm really confused by it, sorry.

I don't understand what you are asking, sorry. There is no "but" anywhere in the NP Arverni Quarters rule, neither on the flowchart nor in the rulebook...?

Regards,
Oerjan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy bush

London
London
msg tools
mb
Sorry I meant that 'bit'. Not but!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First, I think that the instructions saying to move to random regions that they control is confusing and should have been left out. After all, the next sentence goes on to instruct what secondary goals the movements should accomplish (so it's not random) and the last resort to decide between multiple equally likely options is always random.

When you have to join most that means that you pick movements out of devastated regions and movement of at most one group of warbands not from a devastated region and potentially the leader so that you don't end in devastated regions (primary goal) and with the most warbands possible in the region with the leader (secondary goal) and so that the leader is adjacent to as many regions as possible that contain Arverni pieces (tertiary goal)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy bush

London
London
msg tools
mb
Ok man I think I understand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed that that "random" in the first sentence is unhelpful and we could have left it out.

Thanks for pointing that out, Niko.

Cheers, Volko

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.