4 Posts

Legendary: Big Trouble in Little China» Forums » General

Subject: Number of Boxes needed to play with a group... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spooky Mizu
msg tools

Hi folks,

I'm new to the whole Legendary system, but I'm a huge ol' Big Trouble in Little China nut. I play other card games, such as Legend of the Five Rings and Doomtown Reloaded.

So, I am planning on playing this with 2-4 of my buddies. Do we need to pick up more boxes to play. It claims that it is for 1-5 players (or 2-5 depending on what you read). Is that with just one box?

I've already ordered one box. I'm anxious to give it a try.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Drury
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
The only stupid question... is the one you don't ask!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have not need 1 box to play up to 5 players. In fact, the game is designed in such a way that if you follow the rules exactly (without houserules) it's impossible to play with more than 5 players, even if you buy a second box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Ft. Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spookymizu wrote:

Hi folks,

I'm new to the whole Legendary system, but I'm a huge ol' Big Trouble in Little China nut. I play other card games, such as Legend of the Five Rings and Doomtown Reloaded.

So, I am planning on playing this with 2-4 of my buddies. Do we need to pick up more boxes to play. It claims that it is for 1-5 players (or 2-5 depending on what you read). Is that with just one box?

I've already ordered one box. I'm anxious to give it a try.

Thanks!

One box is good to five players. It's a stand alone game. That's all the cards you need and that's all the players who can play.

FYI, the dichotomy between 1-5 and 2-5 players is because AFAIK you can't play it single handed solo, only double handed (you effectively play as if there were two of you).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spooky Mizu
msg tools
James and Rob,

Thank you for your responses. You helped me figure it out. My friends and I are really enjoying the game.

Spooky Mizu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.