Popular Tags: [View All]
Christine McCulloch
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Howdy Y'all
Hope y'all made it home safe and healthy.

What was best game played?
What games on your shopping list?
What is must do on the ship?
How were the excursions?
Funny stories

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Chu
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It was nice to meet you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine McCulloch
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I had a great time.
Only played 23 Games. That is still too low number.
I played 16 new games. That is great number.
I came in with a list of 13 games wanted to play. 2 moved to skip. 7 played.

Worst Art: Legendary Encounters: Firefly (I will not even play game)

Thanks for everyone for gaming with me.
I enjoyed meeting y'all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hadden
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Toot, toot!
badge
If all else fails...
mbmbmbmbmb
What was best game played? Leaving Earth
What games on your shopping list? Tiny Epic Galaxies and Leaving Earth
What is must do on the ship? Ice Show
How were the excursions? Awesome snorkeling in Roatan
Funny stories Nope

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
McKinney
TX
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmb
What games on your shopping list? - Nothing added to my shopping list. One of the games we acquired in the exchange and door prizes comes off my want list:
The Castles of Burgundy

The others look worthwhile: Tiny Epic Galaxies, T.I.M.E Stories: Under the Mask(Isn't this from you? Along with Hanabi); and Burger Joint.

What is must do on the ship? - I enjoyed watching the docking and undocking process from my balcony. Your interests are likely to vary.

What was best game played? - Yokohama is Istanbul on steroids. As often happens to me, the game ended before I expected. I look forward to more plays, and not finishing last.
I also enjoyed playing Leaving Earth three times.

How were the excursions? - The cave full of lakes (Rio Secreto) near Cozumel was interesting and relaxing. Walking through the jungle to the cave after they washed off our bug spray seemed crazy. The spicy lunch they served afterward was good. Yes, there were mosquitoes in the jungle.

Funny stories - I will leave the story telling to our kayaking and snorkeling guide on Roatan. He knew way too much about the Honduran criminal justice process.

I enjoyed sharing a dinner table with you. At least I presume I know who you are, unless there was a third Christine in the group.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I might buy a copy of Clank!. Another game in which I finished last. A deck building game where you move around a board stealing the dragon's treasures. I was too slow and the artifacts in my sights were taken by others before I got there. Don't underestimate the need for feet - to move quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
c 5
United States
Baton Rouge
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New (to me) games that I played:

20th Century
Anagrams
Arboretum
Codenames: Pictures
Cthulhu Wars
Dice City
Escape: The Curse of the Temple
Favor of the Pharaoh
Food Chain Magnate
Galaxy Trucker
The Game
Happy Salmon
Ice Cool
Imagine
Imhotep
Karuba
Kodama: The Tree Spirits
Last Will
Lords of Waterdeep
Onitama
The Others
Paperback
Scythe
Spaceteam
T.I.M.E Stories
Tragedy Looper
Travel Blog
Ultimate Werewolf: Inquisition
Yokohama

Familiar games that I played:

BANG! The Dice Game
Blitz
The Bottle Imp
The Castles of Burgundy
Codenames
Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game
Isle of Skye: From Chieftain to King
Las Vegas
Lost Cities
Sushi Go Party!

Of the new games that I got to try, I think Scythe is the one that I am most looking forward to playing again. Evidently it's been talked about a lot, but I hadn't heard of it previously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Betsy & Chuck Berry
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, All - - Home tonight (9/5) after spending the night at Houston Airport (intentionally).

We (Chuck only in a few cases) played 42 games in total, 31 different, and 24 new games. Our favorites among the new ones (which we'll probably get) were TtR Rails & Sails, Isle of Skye, Finca, Karuba, and Las Vegas. We were surprised how many people less interested in geography that we are enjoyed Travel Blog. Maybe we'll have to get that one too and try it at our Famiy Reunion.

I especially appreciate The Willing (or at least only-slightly-protesting) who let me teach you Blitz, Anagrams, and Take Two.

-- Chuck (& Betsy)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I especially appreciate The Willing (or at least only-slightly-protesting) who let me teach you Blitz, Anagrams, and Take Two.

Blitz was fun. Reminds me of some of the other speed games we played when I was younger. We would have played longer if we didn't have players waiting to start another game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
c 5
United States
Baton Rouge
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
betsychuck wrote:

I'll bet Anagrams was at the top of the "Hotness" list when it hit the game shows in 1910.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Smith
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Best Game played:
This is a tough one... It's hard for me to pick between Cry Havoc and Clank!.

Shopping list:
Clank!, Cry Havoc, The Others, London Dread

Must do on the ship:
The Quest, If you didn't go to this you missed out.

Excursions:
We only did local excursions in Roatan. It was a lot of fun, especially the monkey and sloth hang out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmb
Hi everyone! Welcome back!

Best games for me were Yokohama, Clank!, and London Dread

Must do on the ship: Had dinner at Giovanni's that was pretty spectacular. Also late night roulette! #31forlife

Excursion: The Ruins at Chacchoben were awe inspiring. Michelle went to Chichen-Itza and thoroughly enjoyed that.

Biggest Surprise: Travel Blog

I posted up pics to the BGG@SEA 2016 event page
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff morales
United States
Near Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Lets Eat!
badge
I also live
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like yall had a great time! One day, maybe, ill be able to convince the wife to go on one of these!

Id love to see more pics. Im going on the Liberty in Jan 2017. Does anyone happen to have copies of the Compasses? How was the cruise in general? Food (did anyone eat in the MDR and like it)? Entertainment? Excursions? Did anyone scope out alternate places to play games? Do they have signs in the Promenade Cafe discouraging people from playing games there (they did on Voyager a while back)? Did anyone happen to stay in any of the larger ocean view rooms (like on deck 3)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mains
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ikiru wrote:
Sounds like yall had a great time! One day, maybe, ill be able to convince the wife to go on one of these!

Id love to see more pics. Im going on the Liberty in Jan 2017. Does anyone happen to have copies of the Compasses? How was the cruise in general? Food (did anyone eat in the MDR and like it)? Entertainment? Excursions? Did anyone scope out alternate places to play games? Do they have signs in the Promenade Cafe discouraging people from playing games there (they did on Voyager a while back)? Did anyone happen to stay in any of the larger ocean view rooms (like on deck 3)?

We brought the Compasses home but threw them out yesterday. Sorry. The MDR was really good. We ate there every night and were never disappointed. I definitely recommend it over the Windjammer. We saw the Saturday Night Fever musical on the last night and liked it a lot. If you enjoy snorkeling, I highly recommend doing an excursion to Tabyana Beach club in Roaton. It was the best snorkeling of the trip. Costa Maya and Cozumel, paled in comparison (especially Cozumel).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Masinter
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a great time learning and playing Terraforming Mars, 1822, and Captain Sonar. Already own 1822 and hope to play it again soon (with a few rules corrections) and the other two are preordered.

I believe the best part of the cruise itself was the quirky mannerisms and semi-scripted dialogue of our dinnertime waiter. Did you all have an excellent time today? Well, then I believe you all had an excellent time.

Excursions were fun, some good snorkeling, but lots of downsides- tourist traps, overpriced packages, hot muggy weather.

No way I'd spend vacation on a cruise if it wasn't for the games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What did I/we do wrong with the 1822 rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Clinard
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
It's showtime!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Betsy & Chuck Berry
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seppo21 wrote:
Quote:

Blitz was fun. Reminds me of some of the other speed games we played when I was younger. We would have played longer if we didn't have players waiting to start another game.

"Blitz" is the name my cousin taught me 120 years ago. I think "Spit!" is about the same ... that's where I log my plays.

Thank you again for playing. -- Chuck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Betsy & Chuck Berry
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wourme wrote:
betsychuck wrote:

I'll bet Anagrams was at the top of the "Hotness" list when it hit the game shows in 1910.

Makes me wish once again I'd been tracking my plays on BGG since back in those days. Though there would be embarrassing numbers for Monopoly, Risk, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff morales
United States
Near Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Lets Eat!
badge
I also live
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anyone that stayed in a suite see this?

RC really needs to step up their...um...game(s)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmb
ikiru wrote:

I stopped by the Deck 10 "Card Room" on Saturday and there were 2 groups of people playing games in there. One group playing CAH and the other were 2 guys playing a game I didn't recognize, but it was definitely a modern board game.

If you bring games along, leave a note in there to contact you to play... might be able to scare up a few games that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Debbie G

California
msg tools
I also had a great time The ship was nice and the BGG people were amazing. So many great games and great conversations! (And even some knitting )

What was best game played? My favorite games of the week were T.I.M.E. Stories (anyone up for 2 new scenarios in March?) and Captain Sonar. I also really enjoyed Imhotep and Covert, but think I need to play both again before putting them on my favorites list.

What games on your shopping list? I don't think I'll be buying any games right now based on what I played on the cruise, simply because I already own old favorites and new favorites are either OOO (T.I.M.E. Stories) or require a large # of players (Captain Sonar).

What is must do on the ship? I'll just quote Aldie on this one because I agree with his. Let's all shoot for #31forlife!

Aldie wrote:

Must do on the ship: Had dinner at Giovanni's that was pretty spectacular. Also late night roulette! #31forlife

How were the excursions? I did not get off the ship at any ports, but the cave excursion that some people did in Cozumel sounded amazing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Debbie G

California
msg tools
krystoff wrote:
ikiru wrote:
Does anyone happen to have copies of the Compasses?

We brought the Compasses home but threw them out yesterday. Sorry.

I brought them home but somehow managed to only grab Boarding Day, Day 1, Day 4, Day 5, and Day 6. No idea where Day 2, 3, and 7 went... I added the photos to the BGG@SEA 2016 event page.

Edit: Oops, nevermind, the system rejected the Compass pics due to them being irrelevant and too similar (since the Compass's don't actually look that different from day to day). If you'd still like the pics just geekmail me and I'll see if I can get them to you.

Edit 2: Thanks Aldie! ikiru you can now find Boarding Day, Day 1, 4, 5, and 6 Compasses in the album

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmb
marmaladeboy wrote:
krystoff wrote:
ikiru wrote:
Does anyone happen to have copies of the Compasses?

We brought the Compasses home but threw them out yesterday. Sorry.

I brought them home but somehow managed to only grab Boarding Day, Day 1, Day 4, Day 5, and Day 6. No idea where Day 2, 3, and 7 went... I added the photos to the BGG@SEA 2016 event page.

Edit: Oops, nevermind, the system rejected the Compass pics due to them being irrelevant and too similar (since the Compass's don't actually look that different from day to day). If you'd still like the pics just geekmail me and I'll see if I can get them to you.

I went back through your submissions and approved all the images.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaic wrote:
Best Game played:
This is a tough one... It's hard for me to pick between Cry Havoc and Clank!.

Shopping list:
Clank!, Cry Havoc, The Others, London Dread

Must do on the ship:
The Quest, If you didn't go to this you missed out.

Excursions:
We only did local excursions in Roatan. It was a lot of fun, especially the monkey and sloth hang out!

What was The Quest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaacee wrote:

What was The Quest?

Quest is best experienced your first time by not knowing anything about it.

Just consider it a slightly PG audience participation game. Have a drink, and lots of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.