Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Buhr
United States
Fort Wayne
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hometown

Can someone explain this in their own words. I am lost reading the directions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Johnson
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thirdspaced wrote:
Hometown

I haven't played this one yet, but I'm not sure I can see what is confusing. It would help to know what you feel is ambiguous.

My reading... Every person gets 4 cards at random The first player picks two cards from their hand and hand them to the player next in turn order (based on the arrow direction). That player chooses 1 of the two cards and offers you the other.

Then each of you find the piece on your card and add it to your structure. If the piece you add is touching another piece with the same color or shape, then you earn a fan token*.

At the end of the game (1 person has dropped 5+ pieces), then each player returns 1 fan for any of their fallen pieces. Then hand out bonus fans for tallest buildings.

* probably a good idea to use the different color fans for this one.

So essentially you're trying to add pieces to your structure so that the pieces match in either color or shape in order to earn fans and then you're also trying to have the tallest building. . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Beckley
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kennyj wrote:
Thirdspaced wrote:
Hometown

I haven't played this one yet, but I'm not sure I can see what is confusing. It would help to know what you feel is ambiguous.

My reading... Every person gets 4 cards at random The first player picks two cards from their hand and hand them to the player next in turn order (based on the arrow direction). That player chooses 1 of the two cards and offers you the other.

Then each of you find the piece on your card and add it to your structure. If the piece you add is touching another piece with the same color or shape, then you earn a fan token*.

At the end of the game (1 person has dropped 5+ pieces), then each player returns 1 fan for any of their fallen pieces. Then hand out bonus fans for tallest buildings.

So essentially you're trying to add pieces to your structure so that the pieces match in either color or shape in order to earn fans and then you're also trying to have the tallest building. . .

Yeah, I find it pretty straightforward, and interesting for both its generous failure rate and for its use of the "I cut, you choose" mechanic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Buhr
United States
Fort Wayne
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah this was also my interpetation. At first, we were having difficulty deciding if both people played their pieces on the active persons structure or individual. Then we were also trying decide if both people were eligible for fans or just the active player.

Finally realized that we both play individually and we are both eligible for fans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grace P.
United States
Turlock
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kennyj wrote:
If the piece you add is touching another piece with the same color or shape, then you earn a fan token*.

[...]

FWIW, the different colored and sized fans are different values. White (smaller) are worth 1 and black (bigger) are worth 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.