7 Posts

Vast: The Crystal Caverns» Forums » General

Subject: My foamcore storage solution for Vast rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Limbo Man
Australia
flag msg tools
As soon as I received my copy of the game I immediately decided that it needed a foamcore storage solution and set to work. After much blood sweat and glue I was rewarded with my insert!

I still plan on printing out slightly smaller versions of the individual character rule sheets so that I can laminate them and fit them in the box and I also plan to print out images to stick at the bottom of each of the trays so as to indicate which part goes where once they have been removed for play.

Also here is an imgur gallery with a few more images of the build

Thanks for looking

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome and inspiring. I bagged up each characters bits for now, but think I'll have to give this a stab later in the year (after a few plays; must stop pimping out games that it turns out I never play...)

Would love to see the final result with labels printed on, if that happens
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baker
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
How tight is the vertical space? Do you think it would accommodate sleeved cards?

Also, those mitered corners look pretty nice! Do you cut them by hand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Limbo Man
Australia
flag msg tools
in terms of vertical space the only part that might have trouble with sleeved cards is the goblin deck tho it would probably require a redesign of the entire insert to fit sleeved cards for the others as well (because of the new horizontal space requirements).

and yeah I did the beveled edges by hand, it wasn't until I posted it on reddit that I learned of the existence of special beveled cutters for foamcore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Limbo Man
Australia
flag msg tools
I finished creating the stickers for the insert and have applied them, I also printed slightly shrunk versions of the individual rule sheets and laminated them.

Album
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Hill
United States
Blacklick
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have the dimensions available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Limbo Man
Australia
flag msg tools
I do actually (someone else asked for them and I just got around to taking the measurements)

A few things to note are that I used 5mm foamcore however in reality the foamcore is slightly wider than 5mm which is probably the reason for the slightly varied sizes sometimes.

also the height of the knight/dragon/goblins/thief modules are all the same at 24mm and the height of the cave module is 38mm.(those heights include the base section of each module)

There is a gap of about 16mm between the height of the insert and the top of the box to fit the character boards and rules though if I was to do it again I would probably make it 17mm.

Album
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.