Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JT Holderman
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright. The robot has won 6 of 7 against me. I need help. By the time my engine gets going he's maxed on vp chips, rolling the x2 only a few times and that's it!

Fun. Frustrating though. Only win I had was military. How can one beat the robot with an economic victory with the wild odds on the robot dice.

Any thoughts on strategy here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my advice: post this in the strategy section of the gathering storm forum. You may get more helpful tips there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
There have been several threads in the Gathering Storm forum discussing this in more detail. You might take a look at them.

How much RFTG with other players have you played? The reason I ask is that some players, who don't have much experience playing *Race* for the Galaxy, tend to build their empires at a much slower pace than is typical against actual opponents. The Robot, even on "Easy", is simply designed for a faster tempo of play than they are used to.

Once playing at a faster tempo "clicks" for you, then you should start winning a reasonable % of the time vs the Robot on Easy (about 2/3 of the time) and can start bumping up the challenge level.

"Easy" difficulty in this game, unlike, say, many video games, is not "trivial". Until you break this "speed barrier", players often win only 10-15% of the time, which can be frustrating. Hang in there and Good Luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.