8 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Rules

Subject: Return to Hoth Thread Missions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
SlyFox
msg tools
mb
When playing The Return to Hoth campaign, there are two side missions from the rebel deck and two thread missions from the imperial deck. What happens once the rebels win one of the thread missions? Do we put in another thread mission or choose randomly from the rebel mission deck?

Does there always has to be two thread side missions in play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not near my manual to check, but I'm pretty sure you only put Threat missions in play when you are told to. So you do not replace them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
Threat Missions are put into play during campaign setup. The rules do not say to replace them, they are discarded when played.

Threat Missions are said to be lingering threats the rebels may want to handle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SlyFox
msg tools
mb
There are 4 missions on the table usually. If I discard one of the thread missions, which mission do I put on the table, side mission or a thread mission?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slyfoxbgg wrote:
There are 4 missions on the table usually. If I discard one of the thread missions, which mission do I put on the table, side mission or a thread mission?

There are 5 active missions (2 threat and 2 side and 1 story) after the first mission. After you play a side mission, you draw a replacement from the side mission deck. After you play a threat mission, you do not draw a replacement. The imperial player can purchase additional agenda side missions, so that may increase the number of available missions too. Do what the agenda side mission tells you.

Threat missions are not side missions, but they can be selected instead of a side mission when it is time to play a side mission in the campaign log.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
Threat missions are not side missions...

Hmm, this got me thinking... (although this might be considered slightly off-topic)

In the Star Wars: Imperial Assault – Greedo Villain Pack, the agenda "Hunter for a Fee" reads: "Play (this card) at the end of a round during any side mission..." (emphasis mine).

So, I would assume that it would not be legal to play during:

- Story missions from a full campaign (duh)
- Any mission in a mini campaign (since they are all considered to be story missions even though they come with side mission cards)
- Threat missions (I think the jury's still out on that, I'd consider Threat missions to be side missions in this case)
- Forced missions

Is that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DukeOfEarl wrote:
a1bert wrote:
Threat missions are not side missions...

Hmm, this got me thinking... (although this might be considered slightly off-topic)
Is that correct?

Yes, the agenda card cannot be played during a forced mission or a story mission (whether an actual story mission or played as a story mission in a minicampaign). And you're correct that we have not yet heard about whether "side missions" means side or agenda side mission or any mission resolved in the side mission slot (threat missions also).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I say you treat both Agenda Side Missions and Threat Missions as side missions.

When you are playing them, they fill the "Side Mission" slot of the Campaign Log.

For Agenda cards, we have this:

RRG - Agenda Cards wrote:
• Side Mission: Some Agenda cards are played as side missions.

For Threat cards, we have this:

RTH Rules - p10 wrote:
These missions function similarly to side missions, except that they give the Imperial player access to Bane Reward cards...

So both are said to be played as side missions.

Note that the Campaign Structure also references "active, non-agenda, non-threat Side Mission cards", which definitely provides another implication that side missions can be from Agenda cards and Threat cards. Why else would you need to qualify as non-agenda and non-threat?

So that's three decent arguments. I think we can conclude this without having to ask for official confirmation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.