Hide
10 Posts

Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: Will October English printing be available via distributor/FLGS? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler Fox
msg tools
Will the upcoming English printing (est. October) be available via distributor (and as such, FLGS)? I have contacted two FLGS to see about reserving/pre-ordering a copy, but was given the same response by both stores: "All we see as available from Stonemaier Games for pre-order is the expansion; the base game is listed with Greater Than Games and is not available for us to order."

I'm located in TX. What information can I relay back to these stores (i.e. a preferred distributor, particular product number, etc.) to successfully get a copy into their hands (and ultimately mine)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyler: Thanks for your question. The base game (STM600) isn't available because it sold out to distributors and retailers a few weeks ago (even though it won't arrive until October). However, we've been working on another print run that will be available in November.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What was the normal price of this game when it was available just out of curiosity?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The retail MSRP is $80.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
The retail MSRP is $80.

Thanks. The $118.99 on Amazon seemed plausible and outrageous at the same time. It stays on the wishlist!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Tyler: Thanks for your question. The base game (STM600) isn't available because it sold out to distributors and retailers a few weeks ago (even though it won't arrive until October). However, we've been working on another print run that will be available in November.

Hey Jeremy, to clarify, does this mean places like CSI, MM won't be getting copies in October?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
John: I'm not exactly sure which retailers are getting copies of the October batch of Scythe, but I would guess that those places are getting at least some copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
John: I'm not exactly sure which retailers are getting copies of the October batch of Scythe, but I would guess that those places are getting at least some copies.

Thanks Jeremy! as always, you rock

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Goeb
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
jameystegmaier wrote:

Will it be sold at the Spiel in Essen this year ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Coxerino wrote:
jameystegmaier wrote:

Will it be sold at the Spiel in Essen this year ?

Morning Players should have English, German, and French editions for sale AFAIK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.