Diego Vera
Peru
Lima
Lima
flag msg tools
In my heart I am a gamer.
badge
mbmbmbmb
So ive seen a lot in this section focused on kids what about older "kids"?Any games that could be used for teaching business simulation, economics or soft skills required in the workplace? How would you approach this with people that havent played many boardgames? How would you explain the use of such games (some people see them as a waste of time?) Any theory or research that supports learning through boardgames? Any ideas would be helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Adams
Australia
Mt Lawley
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most games could be, if framed in the right context - as a simulation, not a game.

They also work better as team games, with discussion around strategy, rather than played by individuals (with thinking happening privately).

I used Pit as a team game a number of times in my leadership and change management unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rekinom
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try this...

Business Economic Finance Games that Help You Get Rich in Real Life

The Bohnanza Futures Market Rules Summary sounds neat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing a lot of games has strengthened my ability to make decisions with incomplete information. Some players (just like some middle managers) get paralyzed with fear of choosing the wrong action ("AP"), and freeze up. Working through this skill in non-threatening game situations can really help build decision-making skills for real-life situations.

Unfortunately, I don't have any studies to back up that assertion. It is simply my own expeience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.