City Hall for $59.95 $12.99

Splendor for $39.99 $19.99

Star Realms Crisis 4 Pack which includes
- Star Realms: Crisis – Bases & Battleships
- Star Realms: Crisis – Heroes
- Star Realms: Crisis – Events
- Star Realms: Crisis – Fleets & Fortresses
for $19.99 9.99

The Gallerist for $79.99 $59.99 (I think it's hit this price before in previous sales, but less than the last sale which was $10 I believe)

The Grizzled: At Your Orders! $14.99 $7.99
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [CSI] Labor Day Sale - Grizzled: At Your Orders $7.99, The Gallerist $59.99
Gallerist comes with free shipping as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [CSI] Labor Day Sale - Grizzled: At Your Orders $7.99, The Gallerist $59.99
are they open on labor day to call and buy things?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't recommend Gallerist highly enough for anyone that enjoys the heavier side of euros.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Piquette
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
I had to spend this geek gold on something
mbmbmbmbmb
I just placed a large order, and I just convinced myself that I don't need the Gallerist....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ha! Let me be the guy that says - "I just bought Gallerist 3 days ago!". Hee - that's ok. However, it's been $69.99 for a while, so it's actually only a $10 difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Sunkin
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
CSI: Cool Stuff, In Stock
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
are they open on labor day to call and buy things?

Derry,

Customer service will be open again tomorrow for the online store. Our stores are open if you're close enough to visit one.

All the best,

Jerry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald M.
United States
Sweet Grass
Montana
flag msg tools
Don't like Gallerist so not much there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce McLeod
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
Can't recommend Gallerist highly enough for anyone that enjoys the heavier side of euros.

How does it compare with Orleans? My wife and I really enjoy that, I'm just not sure how much farther down the road Gallerist is. It seems pretty heavy duty from videos I've watched, a whole lot going on to keep track of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
F4ll0ut wrote:
NuMystic wrote:

How does it compare with Orleans? My wife and I really enjoy that, I'm just not sure how much farther down the road Gallerist is. It seems pretty heavy duty from videos I've watched, a whole lot going on to keep track of.

Definitely much heavier than Orleans.

That said, it's actually a good gateway to much heavier games.

While it's a bear to learn and teach the very first time, all of the rules are quite intuitive and the gameplay is very smooth once you actually start playing. More so than most other games in the same weight class. It's certainly easier to get a handle on than Vital's other titles Kanban and Vinhos, but definitely a significant step up from Orleans.

Edit: Just checked your collection and ratings. Gallerist is definitely heavier than anything you've rated thus far. Troyes is the closest of all those I see listed and this is one more step up from that. If Troyes wasn't too much then I think you'll be able to make the leap. If Troyes pushed the upper limit of what you enjoy complexity wise then this is probably not a good fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vanilla Ice
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
To me there are two kinds of heavy games, those with a complex ruleset (like the Gallerist) and those with easy rules and brain burning gameplay (like, say, Le Havre). Make sure you like the first type before you buy Gallerist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David H
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
In terms of being heavy, would Caylus fall closer to the Gallerist or Le Havre?

mhuggins123 wrote:
To me there are two kinds of heavy games, those with a complex ruleset (like the Gallerist) and those with easy rules and brain burning gameplay (like, say, Le Havre). Make sure you like the first type before you buy Gallerist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mhuggins123 wrote:

The Gallerist isn't actually all that complex a ruleset given it's weight in gameplay. Anyone that can handle Terra Mystica or Trajan will have no problem with The Gallerist. If anything it's considerably less complex and more intuitive than most of the games in it's actual weight class like Arkwright, 1830, Food Chain Magnate, Kanban, and the like.

SBelmont wrote:
In terms of being heavy, would Caylus fall closer to the Gallerist or Le Havre?

Caylus falls between the two a bit closer to Le Havre but only because Gallerist has more unique mechanisms. Caylus and Le Havre both have a lot more very familiar classic euro mechanics while The Gallerist has more new elements that aren't shared by as many other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.