9 Posts

The Game» Forums » General

Subject: "The Game" is too easy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M H
Germany
flag msg tools
so, we played "the game" yesterdays two times (four players and five player) and we won both games. today, i tried it alone and again and i won the match for two times again.

possibilities:
(1) we did not follow the rules exactly.
(2) we were very, very lucky particulary the some guys wrote in forums that this game is very hard.
(3) "the game" is easy.

most of the time, we had to use only the first stack of cards in ascending and descending order, the second stack was used most times at the end of the game respectively.

the strategy is 'simple': we could very often put lines of card like 54, 57, 64, 73, 82. i thought that it could be better to keep e.g. a 70 in a line of cards like 52, 56, 63, 69, 70, 71 so that the 70 could be a link for the next bigger line i want to put on the stack.

conclusion: is 'the game' too easy, are there players here who won 'the game' significantly more often than 50% of the time?

(sry for my english,its not good )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M H
Germany
flag msg tools
possibility 1 is the solution

i read the rules again. you are only allowed to use the 'back-trick' with cards that are exactly 10 under/over, 10 is not the maximum, its the exact value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya, no way can this game be considered too easy.

When you well and truly win a game (all cards played) it feels really good!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
yxcvbnm30 wrote:
possibility 1 is the solution

i read the rules again. you are only allowed to use the 'back-trick' with cards that are exactly 10 under/over, 10 is not the maximum, its the exact value.

So you were allowing backwards cards of any value between 1 and 10?

The Game is many things, but easy isn't one of them! 11 plays so far and only won once. We were very excited!

Just this past weekend, I thought we had it but ended up getting stuck with 2 cards left. Our second best game to date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. oeppel
Germany
Duisburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you elaborate on the comment about the "70 as link for the next bigger line ",please? I didn't really understand...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
pinoeppel wrote:
Could you elaborate on the comment about the "70 as link for the next bigger line ",please? I didn't really understand...

I'm not sure what that meant either but he was playing the game wrong, I suspect that's why this line doesn't make any sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. oeppel
Germany
Duisburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slydog75 wrote:
pinoeppel wrote:

I'm not sure what that meant either but he was playing the game wrong, I suspect that's why this line doesn't make any sense.

Well, I have to admit I didn't even get where the assumption of incorrect back jumps is coming from, since both examples given are strictly ascending... blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shay Moore
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Count me as confused as well. Not sure what the problem was here...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Fire
United States
Warwick
RI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TribalDancer wrote:
Count me as confused as well. Not sure what the problem was here...

The OP was allowing a descending placement if the card was within 10 of the last card rather than exactly 10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.