Subject: Poor Packaging rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the 3 games from the Kickstarter campaign.

Screaming Eagles and Ghost Panzer were fine, but I have a not so nice hole in the bottom third on the right side of the box front/side of the Texas Arrows game.

Whoever shipped this didn't allow any padding, so the Post Office nailed the game box when it mishandled the overall box.

Quite annoying, but may not matter if I combine the games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Patrick F. McManus wrote:
You had to be a shrewd shopper to not get taken by Henry P. Grogan. We realized that some of the war surplus was brand-spanking-new. Other merchandise had obviously seen combat; it was cracked, tarnished, stained, ripped, riddled, rotten, rusty, and moldy. Frequently, Henry P. would try to pawn off some of the new stuff on us but we weren't to be fooled. We held out for the authentic war surplus. Ah, you can't imagine how old Henry P. would roll his eyes and gnash his teeth every time one of us kids outwitted him like that. He'd get very angry.

The real treasure, of course, was any item with a bullet hole in it. For a long time you practically never came across anything with a bullet hole in it, and then one day Larry Swartze found a canteen with what looked like an honest-to-goodness bullet hole drilled through it. Henry P. himself had to break up the fight to see who was going to get the perforated canteen. Immediately after that incident, all sorts of war surplus turned up with bullet holes in it, and we kept ourselves broke trying to buy it all. Then it occurred to us that maybe old Henry P. was going around at night with a hammer and large spike, counterfeiting bullet holes. The bottom subsequently dropped out of the bullet-hole market at Henry P's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
Curse your sudden but inevitable action denial!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hit up Worthington and they'll probably take care of you. My friend had a crushed box and they helped him out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
p4warrior wrote:
Hit up Worthington and they'll probably take care of you. My friend had a crushed box and they helped him out.

I will ping them then, once I decide I need another box. It all depends on how I store this.

I will at least try to get a clean scenario pack either way.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.