7 Posts

Warfighter: The Tactical Special Forces Card Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Special mission rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nik Verheyen
Belgium
flag msg tools
VIP kidnapping-going deep. This is the escape mission but with a twist. Place random, facedown locations on every space between start and finish. Flip them over as you enter and ignore the cost to play the card.
Activate 2 large trucks on Location 2, ignoring there range and make them come closer and reinfore as normal. Do not flip the locations they pass. As soon as they are in range they start to follow the soldier they tag.

With some bad luck they deploy a number of hostiles before you have the change to attack them.

Hell of a job!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Hark
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nik verheyen wrote:
VIP kidnapping-going deep. This is the escape mission but with a twist. Place random, facedown locations on every space between start and finish. Flip them over as you enter and ignore the cost to play the card.
Activate 2 large trucks on Location 2, ignoring there range and make them come closer and reinfore as normal. Do not flip the locations they pass. As soon as they are in range they start to follow the soldier they tag.

With some bad luck they deploy a number of hostiles before you have the change to attack them.

Hell of a job!

Very interesting! I wonder if you would have to change the composition of the action deck to make up for the absence of the location cards, or if that is offset enough by the roving patrol heading towards you. I will be trying this sooner or later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik Verheyen
Belgium
flag msg tools
Believe me Victor, it is as hard as can be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Norridge
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
I play a twist on the escape mission that has proven to be very difficult at times.

I play out a mission as normal but with the following change.
Every time I play a new location card I roll 1d10.
On a result of 10 instead of the location card I place the escape mission card per the rules and then try to complete the escape mission.

This represents the mission going bust and you just trying to get out alive.
For those of us that saw the movie or read the book, just think "Lone Survivor"

Another way to do this would be to shuffle the escape mission card into the action deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did an escape mission variant - POW break out - you can only have player soldiers who can have any skills, but they start with only 1 RP of gear each....
(no combining to buy 2+ RP weapons/equipment)

Easy with Ka-Bars in v1 or v2 rules, really hard in v3* or v4** rules.

* DVG web site
** WW2 WF rules - though being able to get bolt action rifles for 1 RP makes it easier to have ranged weapons to start with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Norridge
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
I like that one Dave.
Do you then allow for your escaping solder to take weapons from an enemy solder that your solder was able to kill?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MJA1967 wrote:
I like that one Dave.
Do you then allow for your escaping solder to take weapons from an enemy solder that your solder was able to kill?

No.. devil

unless...

You are playing the easier option ninja then:
If present in the location of the killed hostile - then instead of XP gained, Hostile gear to the XP value in RP can be scavenged.
e.g. EKIA the Sniper in my location, would be 3 XP, so could take all as XP or RP or a bit of both, but since the Sniper was German I shouldn't scavenge a M1 Garand.. it would be more in theme to scavenge a German weapon card.. say a MP40 or Pzfst... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.