Popular Tags: [View All]
Regényi Mátyás
Hungary
Sopron
Győr-Moson-Sopron
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello!

My question is, that if I purchase a core set and a Z-95 headhunter expansion, the Rebel side would be too overpowered?

At this weekend I would like to play the game with 3 friends, but I have the money only for the core + 1 expansion. But I really dont know what to purchase in addition to the core set.

(And yes, I am going to purchase a second core later, and some small ships afterwards, but right now I dont have the money.)

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd
United Kingdom
Camden
London
flag msg tools
This game is bullshit.
mbmbmb
I had a very quick look at images online - if the core set comes with Night Beast and Mauler Mithrel, it should be relatively close against a Rookie X-wing pilot and a Bandit Squadron Z-95 pilot - the TIEs will both be moving after the Rebel ships so the repositioning may give them the edge, though I would expect it will take 5 or more games to start to get the hang of using the barrel roll to avoid shots.

It may also lead to some very long games...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no real reason to buy a second Core unless you're talking about getting the *other* Core (original vs. The Force Awakens).

Yes, you can probably get a reasonable balance by using the cheapest Rebel pilots and named TIE pilots, possibly with a small upgrade of some sort.

Don't give the Rebels any regeneration stuff, it's too hard to punch through in such a small game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witch Beatrice
United Kingdom
Rochdale
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as both squads are built using the same number of points, then the game will be balanced.

Good choice with the Z-95, I love that little ship!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bos
Canada
flag msg tools
I also like the Z-95 Headhunter. I have had some fun with it, it has lasted longer in games than I expected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pilum pilum
France
flag msg tools
mb
Why the Z95 ?
Why not the A wing ? The E wing ? The T70 ?
Can you explain your choice please

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Regényi Mátyás
Hungary
Sopron
Győr-Moson-Sopron
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
pilum2008 wrote:
Why the Z95 ?
Why not the A wing ? The E wing ? The T70 ?
Can you explain your choice please

Id you look closely, you can see that the Z-95 was a mere example. Like I wrote, I dont know what to purchase in addition to the core set. I really like the A-wing, but I fear that the rebel side would be too powerful against 2 Ties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:
There's no real reason to buy a second Core unless you're talking about getting the *other* Core (original vs. The Force Awakens).

I would disagree. A second core is actually a great value. You get extra dice that you will need and basically three expansions. Plus and extra damage deck, templates, back up asteroids etc...

At some one you'll want to consider this. If you're stating small even this gives you 4 TIE and 2 X-Wings.

But yes, you'll want an expansion or two later one just for the pilots and their skills.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Wankel engine
mb
What did you decide and how did it go? With so few ships and so many players, I'd play 21-point Furballs. Each player takes one ship up to 21 points, starts within range one of any side of the board and beyond range three of other ships, and last ship standing wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.