Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not strictly wargame related, but I got no joy from the general forums and since wargamers as a group seem to be fairly well-read and intelligent and all round wise, I thought someone round these parts might have come across this before.

Fairly unspectacular roll and move from 1941, printed by 'J J & Co.' presumably in the UK. Trying to find out anything further I can about it for the museum where I volunteer.

Maybe someone has seen it before, or read a reference to it? Or has a better idea where to look for info. (Lesson 1: googling Sieg Heil is NOT a good idea.)

Any help gratefully received.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE MAVERICK
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
mb
The only reference I could find online (besides your other postings here) was from someone else trying to find out information about a board game with the same name -- might be worth trying to make contact to see if this person has gathered any info?

http://www.wartimememories.co.uk/answer4.html#boardgames
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that is interesting. Worth quoting what he says I think.

Colin wrote:
I have been trying to get for many years about a board game which both my friend and I were given after two spitfires/hurricanes crashed on the same day and these games were entitled "Sieg Heil" and came out of the cockpits of the planes. I have endeavoured for years to find out anything about them.

Can anyone help?

If I read it right, he is saying that the games were IN the planes that crashed. That seems rather bizarre to me.

I'll drop him a line though, thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Maes
Belgium
Mechelen
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am intrigued as well.

Found this (semi-related) article with an 'e-mail me' link at the end.
Maybe this person can help you along.

http://www.vintagewings.ca/VintageNews/Stories/tabid/116/art...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe R

Ohio
msg tools
mbmb
Kerethar wrote:
I am intrigued as well.

Found this (semi-related) article with an 'e-mail me' link at the end.
Maybe this person can help you along.

http://www.vintagewings.ca/VintageNews/Stories/tabid/116/art...

Yikes! Talk about dated -- the Avro Anson as the epitome of high tech military? Wow. That must not have lasted very long.

Actually, though, with respect to the Sieg Heil game the OP was asking about, since this is apparently WW2 era and may well be British, you might check with the staff at the Victoria & Albert museum in London or the Imperial War Museum. On the chance that this is a US game, then you might want to try the WW2 museum in New Orleans or the American history museum in the Smithsonian.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.