Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Robb
United States
Calais
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

a letter to be given to one of the players of Sea Fall as to how they inherited their Province

the personal written message to be delivered is NOT included but is text on the back of one of the Province player boards

Circa 1750’s

To the Honorable .......

Please allow me to introduce myself, Mr. Clive Jonathan Livermore Nettles, of Peacock, Hillbottom, DuPont, Nettles, and Pickles, the second oldest and most reputable, as many of our clients have attested to, legal firm in the area. Let us get to the point. Your distant cousin, Beatrice, (the most beautiful woman I have ever had the pleasure to be associated with) has just run away and married a far eastern king, alas, from a country that is unpronounceable, but extremely well known for its vast and numerous gold and diamond mines. We have learned he was well endowed, financially I assume, and in her haste to be free from her previously legal encumberments, agreed, based upon our sound legal opinion, to leave all of her local assets to the nearest living relative which our firm has eventually traced to you.

Beatrice had previously inherited some land a few years ago by marrying a somewhat elderly, uncomely, but extremely financially successful, local colonial land investor, whom she met at a local governor’s masquerade ball. This elderly man gave his love and fortune to the desirable, well-spoken young lady and Beatrice, as quoted by many who knew her, always agreed to share her comfort and quite readily available assets with all who reciprocated financial well being to her favor. This inherited land includes two sailing ships, some fair amount of currency, and other items we are not fully aware of immediately. Unfortunately, this investor died just a few weeks after the wedding, sickened by some apparently tainted food and wine we are told, and Beatrice was left alone and a widow, with only a large, wealthy estate to comfort her sadness.

Beatrice has left a personal message to you concerning your recent acquisition of all of her properties and assets therein. This message is enclosed with this document.

This terminates our legal advice as we have delivered on our promise to fulfill the legal transfer requests by the above mentioned person. Beatrice will be paying adequate legal fees in several installments over the next few years, mostly to be collected from some generously productive gold mines, in accordance with the immense and detailed paperwork forced upon us in her haste to leave the area. Rest assured, dear client, that no fees are expected from you or your inheritance, due to the generous, but fair agreement I might add, negotiated by the hard working members of our legal firm with your most beauteous cousin.

As a recent misunderstanding has occurred concerning our firm by some in the local community, and by a small group of dissatisfied businessmen threatening us with bodily harm, do not attempt contact with any of the above mentioned partnered barristers, as we will be continuing our business occupations in another area of our great land that better appreciates the high cost of good and sound legal opinion.

Sincerely,
Peacock, Hillbottom, DuPont, Nettles, and Pickles
Legal and Courtly Barristers
137 Fothergill Lane

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a bit confused, is there a specific reason to create a new thread for this?
Sea Fall notification of said Province

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Robb
United States
Calais
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

only because there are two different letters to two different players

I could have put them both on one thread

sorry for the confusion

I won't do it again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.