GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 80

5,373 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
33.9% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Ryan Brown

Wisconsin
msg tools
So last night I was playing with 2 friends.

I was running Super Heroes + Changelings, my buddy was going with Dinos + Zombies, and my final, 1000 moves in one turn friend ran Wizards + Mages; not for the combo that just ruined my life, but for the theme.

Let me break it down for you:
A base had plutonium dragon on it. Mage friend charmed it, sacrificed it, built up to play Some Enchanted Evening, and more or less played and cycled through his entire freaking deck, scoring all 3 bases we had in play in one fell swoop (one of which solo).

It was astounding. I mean, both decks are known for their propensity to do more things in one turn, but this guy basically did all the things.

I won in the end, but just by a hair. Aside from getting all sorts of wrecked by that combo, Super Heroes and Changelings have some pretty sweet synergy, and I was lucky to not have any of my citizens destroyed before popping. If I hadn't had 1 minion on 2 of the bases before the combo; however, things probably would've gone differently. For example, Dino friend was on one base and scored in last. He literally could not even begin to catch up the entire game.

Btw, I realized I hadn't mentioned this before. This sick sad world ending combo happened on turn three of the game!!! Lucky top decking for sure. Chronmage and 4 wizard guy really sealed the deal/enabled this but man. I can't believe that happened.

Shortest game of Smash Up EVER.

Most ridiculous game of Smash Up I have EVER SEEN IN PLAY.

Any crazy world ending combos you guys have to share?
I know something from the cthulu expansion has an infinite draw combo iirc, but does it have a near infinite do literally everything combo?? Does it?? Sorry, it's been 5 hours and I'm still in shock that all went down and I decided to share.

I'm done now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Oliveira
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quite magical indeed.

Other broken combos
Well pirate+apes have the broken juiced up first mate from time to time alongside a full sail. scoring like 5 bases in a row. Same goes for uber mate.

Plant-robot can cycle the deck and miocrobot alpha+reclaimer really often. Compared to a zombie-horse in 1x1m it cicled the deck at least 2 times faster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Posa
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The best part, I think, is that you still ended up winning. Nice work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.