BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades » Game Valuations

Subject: Panzer Leader Valuation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Liam Allen
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi All,

I am very new to the board game world and looking to become a dealer within board games.

However not many people out there have information on pricing so looking for some of you fellow board game geeks to help me out.

I have a 1974 version of Panzer Leader by Avalon Hill and i am looking for a valuation on this.

I have added a imager link below to see the item which all pieces are included.

The box is slightly damaged due to age but overall great quality.

Thanks everyone.

http://imgur.com/a/H7ObQ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Liam,

Welcome to BGG. Nice to see another Brit appearing on the site.

Firstly I will talk about Panzer Leader. If you type Panzer Leader into the search box above (next to where it says Board Game) you will open the pages relevant to the game itself. All games have individual entries. Included amongst the information you can glean on PL is the Marketplace listing for the game. These are copies on sale from members - of varying conditions, age, languages etc. This will give you some idea of wereabouts you may want to pitch a price. The prices seem to vary quite widely between 17 and 70 dollars. Be particularly aware of condition. Your copy may be partially unpunched, but that damage to the box is not good. Many people will be seeking better condition copies simply because they may be collectors as much as players.

Secondly I'll make a few comments about your wish to deal in board games. Most important of all is to be aware that you are one of a large number of dealers, pseudo-dealers, collectors, hoarders etc., most of whom frequent this site. I dabble in some trades as well as sales and purchases, but I don't consider myself a dealer per se. There are also some big dealers in the U.K. who dominate a large percentage of the market and with many years behind them, it is difficult to break the monopoly. This is not to say that small dealers cannot occupy a comfortable position lower down the food chain, but I think you must recognise that big or easy money just will not be there. The existence of BGG itself has allowed many people to suddenly develop far greater awareness of values of games and where profits, if any, can be made. One also needs to realise that many of the classic games are of a finite number only and new finds do not often occur. As an example I volunteer in a charity shop in my town and obviously look out for board games appearing in the shop. However, I am aware of at least 2 or 3 other guys who trawl the same shops as I do every week and will snap up anything of any interest as soon as it hits the shelves.

Please don't let me put you off, but you need to be aware that you are entering a crowded and cut-throat market, even in the U.K. Good luck and enjoy the games that you find or collect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.