$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
29.9% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Francois-Xavier Bocquet
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have now graduated to operation sunflower, and I had a couple of quick question. Can I use "give us the tools" as the British during the first strategic phase to set up an extra two boxes on the map? I assume so but as there is no deployment phase maybe I'm wrong.

And if the British gets eliminated on the very first player turn, do I still get to deploy my strategic reserves? The rules say that you only check map control status at the end of turn housekeeping phase but I thought I read that you yield control the moment all your units are eliminated.

And finally, how come the map is uncontested at the start as there are units from both sides on it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Ste-Thérèse
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
macfix wrote:
So I have now graduated to operation sunflower, and I had a couple of quick question. Can I use "give us the tools" as the British during the first strategic phase to set up an extra two boxes on the map? I assume so but as there is no deployment phase maybe I'm wrong.

You are right, you cannot put them on the map.

macfix wrote:
And if the British gets eliminated on the very first player turn, do I still get to deploy my strategic reserves? The rules say that you only check map control status at the end of turn housekeeping phase but I thought I read that you yield control the moment all your units are eliminated.

Yes you can deploy. The check you are talkign about happens only at the end of a GAME TURN (not player-turn). Check rule 15.0, second paragraph, "End of Turn Segments".

macfix wrote:

And finally, how come the map is uncontested at the start as there are units from both sides on it?

This is a Scenario exception to represent Rommel's surprise attack. See is as the Game-Turn started a bit before this: The Axis entered the map, and the Allied units did nothing in their own turn; the Axis were not "really" present on the map when the scenario started.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois-Xavier Bocquet
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the super fast reply as usual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Ste-Thérèse
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
macfix wrote:
Thanks for the super fast reply as usual.

Well you were lucky, I just came back home from a 3-day trip...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Finch
United States
Pearl River
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"the Axis were not "really" present "

too good not to quote
brings a bit of the 'fog of war' aspect to the game !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.