GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 66.14

4,648 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
29.3% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Cargo Cultist
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Occasionally the game tells me to deploy a monster of a certain type with some special rule about it, e.g.,

Deploy Bob the Zombie, i.e. a zombie who has special rules XYZ, and +5 hit points.

It does not mention to deploy the whole zombie group.

However, once you keep playing, the special monster is deployed as part of a group, and you are required to move the minions of that group as well.

So my question is:

Am I supposed to deploy the whole group, even if there was no mention of the minions when the special monster appeared?

I have played assuming that I do, but I wonder about this disconnect between narrative text and turn order messages.

What do you do? If my spoiler free example with Bob the Zombie was not clear I'll post an actual example with spoiler alerts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Beighel
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I assumed that if it said spawn Bob the Zombie it meant just Bob the Zombie, no addition enemies. When the prompts came up they were mistakes or just generic messages for mister groups and ignored them.

I don't have the rulebook handy, but you've got me curious if it says anything about this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're basing this on the fact that the monster activations always show activations for both minions and masters, this is always the case. If the app tell you to only spawn one unique monster, you only spawn one unique monster and ignore the activations that don't apply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cargo Cultist
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thank you Chris and Jason! That's actually better than having roomfuls of never mentioned minions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.