Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Bull
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got to bring up something that quite often gets overlooked in forums nowadays, and that's the price.

£44.99 including shipping? For all these fantastic miniatures, interesting gaming mechanisms, and jaw-dropping artwork? How is this not £70?

This seems like excellent value and a sound investment in entertainment. Well done Matagot, well done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
GameplayerOfTitan wrote:
I've got to bring up something that quite often gets overlooked in forums nowadays, and that's the price.

£44.99 including shipping? For all these fantastic miniatures, interesting gaming mechanisms, and jaw-dropping artwork? How is this not £70?

This seems like excellent value and a sound investment in entertainment. Well done Matagot, well done.

THat does sound quite a deal, where is the price from?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
365games have it at that price
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameplayerOfTitan wrote:

SHUSH!!!!!

They'll be reading this and they'll put the price up!

Anyway, it's nice to read a post commending a price rather than whining on about "$70 for a few sheets of cardboard???!" and similar, from some folk who seem to price the value of their games by weight.

This game is definitely on my radar. I'd better sign up for it now before your comment leads to a price hike!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am seeing the game listed hin Canada at $93 Canadian, not including tax or shipping. That seems like a horrible price when compared to other games I could buy. I could maybe understand if they had to pay licencing fees for the setting or something (i.e. Star Wars) but at this price I won't even consider buying it. Like Ra this will be a game I trade for or buy used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MrTommyH
United Kingdom
London
--
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Its £39 from thirstymeeples (fast tracked delivery too)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameplayerOfTitan wrote:
£44.99 including shipping?

You've been ripped off mate! I paid only £44.94!

(From the place you mentioned.) Actually, as I had a Paypal balance from some recent sales, this game was basically FREE! It doesn't get any better than that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
bholmes4 wrote:
I am seeing the game listed hin Canada at $93 Canadian, not including tax or shipping. That seems like a horrible price when compared to other games I could buy. I could maybe understand if they had to pay licencing fees for the setting or something (i.e. Star Wars) but at this price I won't even consider buying it. Like Ra this will be a game I trade for or buy used.

Ya, I saw this listed on boardgamebliss (but sold out) for that price too. I'm hoping this is some "early bird" price or whatever, and once the game hits retail it will be more realistic ...

If not, ya, probably not happening any time soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
GameplayerOfTitan wrote:

To quote the thread on "Price":
Quote:
Guess the Asmodee monopoly is in full effect.

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe this will be an extraordinary rare example where the UK/EU get a cheaper price than the US?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bull
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TehRochi wrote:

Pre-ordered for £39, thanks for the heads up. Have some geekgold!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick _ pka
United States
East Coast
flag msg tools
Rob - One of his early 'Artist' shots.
mbmbmbmbmb
Who has this in the US?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivor Bolakov
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TehRochi wrote:

Sold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanael Allison
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
Maybe this will be an extraordinary rare example where the UK/EU get a cheaper price than the US?

Looks like it. I pre-ordered through MM for $68 including shipping and thats with a $5 off coupon! Hopefully I didn't just jump the gun on this one and several other places get it for cheaper soon. I even called my FLAGS and they were gonna pre-order it for $79.99! I saw that Boardlandia has it on their site for around $55 bucks, but due to the Asmodee agreement they can't sell it online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myles Mulroy
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
GameplayerOfTitan wrote:

In all honesty, £45 is about the price I would have expected. Kemet, Merchants & Marauders and Game of Thrones were all games I picked up at around that price mark and they all have about the same amount of stuff in there.

That said, I'm also overjoyed it seems to be retailing at (what I have generally perceived to be) standard price. Between Asmodee's takeover of everything and, er, recent British politico-economical happenings, I was expecting a price hike to maybe 60 quid...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bholmes4 wrote:

BoardGameBliss has it for $73CAD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
32£ at board game hut in the UK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brenton
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
$125 in Games World here in Australia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Alexander
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
beef
badge
sack
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Killington wrote:
$125 in Games World here in Australia.

I picked mine up from Games Paradise in Sydney last weekend for $120, was crazy surprised to see it sitting on the shelves there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.