Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » Rules

Subject: Help in "covering" a spoiler question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darrell Olson

California
msg tools
Hey there,

I have a question about a rule later in the game and I would like to "cover" the question so it's not a visible spoiler. Can someone quickly tell me how to do that? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you go to type simply click the SP button (above right), then type inbetween the brackets:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
type here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Thanks for asking! All too many people post first and only ask questions later when the protests roll in.

One oft-overlooked issue: be careful not to include spoilers in the subject of your thread, as this is read by people who don't read the thread itself.

Beyond that, you have two main options.

The first, and perhaps the simpler, is to include a spoiler warning in the subject line. You could entitle your thread "Rules question (Spoilers for start of June)", "Question about rules sticker J (spoilers)", "Components in wrong language (spoilers for package 6)", "Strategic advice wanted for game-end bonuses (spoilers for entire of October)" or whatever.

The other option is not to warn about spoilers in the subject line, but instead to protect them in your posting. To do this, you press that "SP" button about three quarters of the way along the line of tools above the window where you compose your message.

That will give you a pair of [​o][​/o] markers. You include the text you want to protect between them.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Like this.

(Which isn't really a spoiler, it's just a demonstration.)

If you prefer, you can type the [​o] and [​/o] manually instead of pressing the button.

If in doubt, a sensible precaution is to use the "Preview" feature to check you've got it right before exposing your text to the world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Olson

California
msg tools
Thanks! I really appreciate you both taking the time to tell me how to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.